Something should have been done !

My partner is 13 week pregnant, 3 weeks ago she was really ill and went to rotherham district to get checked over, they said she was fine just dehidrated, lastr night she lost a lot of blood and had to go to hospital and were now told it looks like the start of a miscarrige, and now we have to wait till tommorw to find out our fate, personally i am absolutley gutted and feel let down that she wasnt checked over properly 3 weeks ago

Gutted to hear that pal, i guess the priority is to make sure she is ok at this stressfull time, you can deal with the hospital later!!

This is the big let down for hospitals, if you less than 24 weeks pregnant they basically dont give a rats ass which is sick cause the baby is stiill a baby at the end of the day and i dont think its understood how much a woman bonds with her child even in the early days. When i was pregnant the midwife basicaly turned round to me and said before 24 weeks its JUST a feotus >:(

If i was you once you have both recovered from the shock write in a complaint teling them you think something should have been done.

You both need each others support and i know things are going to be tough for you both but shes going to really need you right now.

I went through the exact same with my partner. Being at home or hospital won't make a difference, if the body rejects or can't keep the foetus for whatever reason there's nothing you or anybody can do.

You have my sympathies, I know what you're going through.

But she wasn't losing the baby three weeks ago - she was losing it last night. What makes you think that anything the hospital did, or did not, do three weeks ago would have had any effect?

IE maybe putting her on a drip to give the baby and her more nutrients and then supplying her with some vitamins?

Im telling you hospitals dont give a rats ass if the baby is less than 24 weeks...

To the OP, you must be devastated right now. I endorse what scottf said, just be tender and look after one another emotionally now. That's the priority, make sure your partner is physically ok first and then worry about what the hospital did or didn't do three weeks ago.

Best wishes to you both and hoping that it turns out to be a better day tomorrow.

IE maybe putting her on a drip to give the baby and her more nutrients and then supplying her with some vitamins?

Since the baby was not being miscarried three weeks ago, none of that would have made any difference.

I feel for you and your partner. So many people forget how devastating it is for both partners. I remember when we lost our first baby how brusque the medical staff were but how upset we were. I have 3 healthy children now but the baby we lost is still deeply etched in our memories.

I am very sorry for your loss! I know exactly how your feeling, I have had 2 miscarriages myself. It is a heartbreaking thing for anyone to go through. When I lost my 1st I wanted someone to hold the blame, so, I blamed myself! When I miscarried for the 2nd time I blamed the hospital. I went into the hospital when I started to bleed and was told that most people have spotting when pregnant, I shouted at the doctor that I needed a scan because I had to know if my baby had died or not. After the fuss I kicked up I got a scan but not till the day after!

I know what your feeling at the moment and how important it is to put the blame on someone. But honestly, there is nothing anyone could have done to stop your partner from miscarrying! Keep in mind that 1 in 3 pregnancies end in miscarriage and hopefully with time you will both heal.

Do you have any evidence to say that this would have helped and how would the hospital know that this treatment was needed 3 weeks ago?

Edited by Hecate
fixed quote tags.

But she wasn't losing the baby three weeks ago - she was losing it last night. What makes you think that anything the hospital did, or did not, do three weeks ago would have had any effect?

who cares something was wrong and they did nothing, if they did this may not have happend

Edited by Hecate
fixed quote tags.