Which is the best pub in Sheffield?

Originally posted by 2wentypence

Rich has a serious crush on this girl! - see quote below from another thread- (Most Beautiful Bar Staff)

"The young lass who does the quiz in the Robin Hood is quite nice, but I think she's got somebody"

You seem a little dejected by the thought that she might have somebody. Have u asked her?!!

No I've not asked, she's a bit old for me anyway but I still wouldn't say no :hihi:

She's the Landlord's Daughter apparently.

Mod Note: Threads Merged. Please search before posting a new thread.

Favourite for beer quality is the Barrack on Penistone Road - I also like the Hadfield, Barber Road because it's close to where I live and friendly.

Dove & Rainbow!

Great atmosphere!!! :D

Originally posted by Rich

No I've not asked, she's a bit old for me anyway but I still wouldn't say no :hihi:

She's the Landlord's Daughter apparently.

If its still the same girl she's called keeley. She is a really nice girl but she did have a boyfriend last time i spoke to her.

The Cobden View is great. There's a good mix of students and locals, the ales are decent, the music quiz is gripping and in the summer there's a lovely beer garden to chillax! Thursday's are a particular highlight when they have the folk night, anyone can join in, sing along! :)

the fat cat.

nice and small, good real ale.

frog and parrott.

superb real ale or was the last time I was in which must be 3 years ago.

hallamshire hotel.

another good real ale place.

my favourite one though as to be the beehive when it was a real ale pub, my favourite ale in there was dog bolter brewed on the premises.

DQ's, all about the visuals 4 me :thumbsup:

The Red Lion of West Street by the RNIB Building is a good one, as is the Kelham Island, Devonshire Cat is okay, but too expensive. The Ladbower Inn (although not strictly in Sheffield).

The Place and Fox and Duck in Broomhill are okay for a few, The Washington in town is okay too.

Lots of other pubs in Sheffield that are good depends on what you are looking for, real ale etc....or just lager! :clap:

Originally posted by cresta

... best pub - Banner Cross

... why? Top landlord and well kept beer...

What they said.......... :)