Which is the best pub in Sheffield?

... best pub - Banner Cross

... why? Top landlord and well kept beer...

Nelson top of the moor. It rawwwwwwwks:headbang:

Robin Hood in Stannington IMO... Quiet pub, no trouble, just good natured banter over the quiz etc.... And the young lass who reads the quiz is quite nice, think she's taken though :(

I'm sure Captain Scarlett would agree, either the Sheaf View Inn, Fat Cat or Kelham Island Tavern. 3 great pubs.

Joel

My experience of pubs:

The Stag - bit smelly - reasonable alcohol.

The Walkley Cottage - nice, cosy pub.

The Washington - modern, reasonable - a bit smelly.

The Devonshire Cat - good place, clean.

The Springvale - Quite a nice place.

Cannon. Hen & Chicks. Market Tavern. Ahhhh. Bad beer. Bad women. Such an experience. Cant beat it. They can beat you though.

i can also heartily recomend going to the brown bear at least once, strange eastern european soft drinks and beer and even stranger locals, reminds me slightly of 'the slaughtered lamb' from an american werewolf in london. remember, stick to the path....

Originally posted by Rich

Robin Hood in Stannington IMO... Quiet pub, no trouble, just good natured banter over the quiz etc.... And the young lass who reads the quiz is quite nice, think she's taken though :(

Rich has a serious crush on this girl! - see quote below from another thread- (Most Beautiful Bar Staff)

"The young lass who does the quiz in the Robin Hood is quite nice, but I think she's got somebody"

You seem a little dejected by the thought that she might have somebody. Have u asked her?!!

I agree the Robin Hood in Stannington is good. Sunday Lunch is a carvery and to die for. Great staff who enjoy a laugh.:clap: :clap:

I agree with Rich

Nelson roxxor:headbang: :nod:

Originally posted by kentboy119

My experience of pubs:

The Stag - bit smelly - reasonable alcohol.

The Walkley Cottage - nice, cosy pub.

The Washington - modern, reasonable - a bit smelly.

The Devonshire Cat - good place, clean.

The Springvale - Quite a nice place.

As i grew up a two minutes walk away (or 1 min on my skatebord) from the Walkley Cottage I would agree, it was a great local pub, full of lads I went to school with and hung around with. When Fred had it in the early 90's is was at it's peak. Shame they moved the snooker table and made it into an eating area. Great for a lazy afternoon drink outside on the benches or summers evening.

I would agree also with The Washington, then again my best mate owns a major share in it, so I would wouldn't I. But is has some great characters (Banksy and Nort) and the music is Fab, and no hassle from anyone. Oh, and the photo's are great as well (the photographer is another v.good mate of mine)

And I would also like to 'big-up' the Fox and Duck in Broomhill !!

I have even got a book on the public houses of Sheffield, it's a winner !!

Whichever one I end up in..... it seems to be a different one everytime anyway :)