Which is the best pub in Sheffield?

The pub next to the river and the ringroad is really nice, like a nice city centre bar but without all the city centre negatives. near Kelham Island too - what's it called again? and it sells Moonshine too!

Originally posted by bielby

The pub next to the river and the ringroad is really nice, like a nice city centre bar but with all the city centre negatives. near Kelham Island too - what's it called again? and it sells Moonshine too!

The Riverside?

I'd say the riverside too... I love the building and the sunday lunches are unbelievable!

BUT.. my big problem is I don't drink any alcohol other than spirits so that leaves me torn between loving bars like Revolution as they have an amazing array of flavoured vodkas and weird and wonderful spirits so I never get bored... and wanting the ambiance of pubs like The Riverside or the Sheaf... cos I hate drinking in town, especially at weekends.

I'd settle for the real ale pubs having just one or two bottles of classy flavoured vodka like "42 Below" Manuka honey or Watermelon.. its not like I want them to do a tequila sunrise or a Pina Colada...

:) without a doubt the sheaf view, but the dev cat is a close 2nd, erdinger can be bought on draft even the dark one. Must say that I wasn't impressed by the magnet in dev cat last week (but hey) the riversides' magnet is ok

Originally posted by teflon

which is the best pub in sheffield and why

well ive heard that the geezer in the rising sun @ fulwood is a right dodgy herbert :suspect:

My best although i havent been to sheffield alot is the one near sheff bus station, the Woodseats(Nice guinness) or the big tree on woodseats, My freind once said a no no pub has got to be one called The Office (and thats then name of the pub not a saying coz ive been past the pub)

bestest guinness ive ever had in sheffield was in o' neills at brromhill but it closed down :rant:

Litha i agree with you the O'Neills in Broomhill was a very nice place after work, landlord was cool and beer ok.

To answer about best pub in sheffield, i won't be original but i think the fat cat has to be top of my list, i also like trippets bar and i now definitely want to try the sheaf, as it sounds great!

When did O'Neills in Broomhill close down and what's happening to the site ?

i will go with the dev cat....nothing beats their beers..

sheaf sounds like a place to visit too...

Originally posted by Litha

well ive heard that the geezer in the rising sun @ fulwood is a right dodgy herbert :suspect:

i heard that to lol

cheers litha