Primary School appeal

hi

I know they make the whole situation so intimidating, I also agree about if they dont overturn the decision as there is no way im sending my son to our allocated school either , google it its realy bad we are considering private but it would mean working and having nothing left. Also just wondering which school you are appealing as our appeal was tuesday/ wednesday this week as well.

I had my appeal last Thursday and was told I would get the decision in the post in 5 - 7 days but haven't heard. Just wondering if anyone else had.

hi

recieved my decision letter today, not good new they rejected our appeal. i feel so depressed and let down by the whole process.:(

The best part was at the end of the letter where they put "sheffield where everyone matters" what a joke !!!!

I too have been refused at my appeal hearing.

I suffer with severe anxiety and find it difficult to be outside alone, we live only 200 metres away from the school where we applied for which is where he attends nursery aswell ,they are sending him to lowfield?!! which is 2 miles away......!!!!!!

as i havent been in sheffield very long does anyone know anything about this school!? am seriously considering home schooling my son, feel extremely let down by the education system.

all mine rejected!!!

I was sucessful in my application to Lydgate but out of the 18 parents that appealed I was one of the only ones who did. My son has special needs and I provided a case supported by his special needs inclusion officer and Ryegate Centre. My job involves giving presentations, interviewing people and making legal arguments but I found the appeal system to be incredibly stressful and was very near to crying whilst stating my case. I was emotionally and physically exhausted afterwards. I can't believe there isnt a better way.

I'm sorry to hear so many people didn't get in.

Hi, We have just moved to Sheffield from Cambridgeshire. I am appealing for a place at Lound infant school in Chapeltown for my son who will be in yr 1 in September (Lound is our catchment area school). Every infant/primary school in Chapeltown is full for his year & we have been offered Beck school in S5 for him. His older brother has started & settled in well at Lound Junior. Does anyone have any advice on what to write on the appeal form/what to say at the hearing & what happens at the hearing etc or waht chance we have appealing when we were refused on infant class size limit? Thanks.

The best part was at the end of the letter where they put "sheffield where everyone matters" what a joke !!!!

Everyone matters isn't the same as "Everyone gets their way".

As much as I understand that we all want the best for our kids I can't understand why parents apply for schools out of catchment and then complain when they don't get the catchment school if their choices are refused.

My local school isn't that desirable but when the time comes if I am still in this area I will make it my 3rd Choice.