Summer Time Special TV Programme from the 1970's

I know it's not a question relating to Sheffield, but I am trying to find out if anyone can remember the two theme tunes to the BBC Summer Time Special shows that were shown in the 70's.

The first was Summer Time City by Mike Batt.

The other one included the lines,

'To night there's a mile of lights and a band down on the jetty, so let's get a little sand between our toes'

Thanks for your help,

themill.

Guest Ant

Can't help you there.

I just wanted to share the fact that I hated -no, too tame, I loathed and detested that programme. It summed up everything I couldn't abide about the 70's. Sparkly suits, Frilly shirts, pencil thin microphones daintily held by the overly-bejewelled hands of second rate club acts in cheap blue suits, Little and Large, Lenny and Jerry, Peters and Lee, Bobby Bleedin' Crush, Bonnie Piggin' Langford, The Worzels, The Young Generation, oh the pain. The nightmares haunt me night after night - when will the memories leave me alone?

'To night there's a mile of lights and a band down on the jetty, so let's get a little sand between our toes'so just be careful or you will end up with an ASBO LOL

So baby get down, come on down to the summertime city

baby get down, come on down to the summertime town

Come on

Come on

come on

come on

come on

come on

come on

kick of your shoes

'cause sumertime city, aint got the summertime blues.

Ring any bells?

Originally posted by Hal9001

So baby get down, come on down to the summertime city

baby get down, come on down to the summertime town

Come on

Come on

come on

come on

come on

come on

come on

kick of your shoes

'cause sumertime city, aint got the summertime blues.

I think there's a "come on" missing

Wasn't it that show and others of the same period that always had acts called "Los Trios Paraguayos" or something like that with big accoustic guitars and sombreros?

Originally posted by Marky Baby

You can download the theme tune.

Have you tried?:suspect:

Thanks all, especially Marky Baby.

themill.

Thanks all, especially Marky Baby.

themill.

I am probably the odd one out here, but I loved it. I know one of the songs began 'Sunshine Saturday'. So different from today - all we get is American rubbish. Nothing to give your foot a chance to tap... It was performed in a Big Top belonging to Gerry Cottle's Circus.

Can't help you there.

I just wanted to share the fact that I hated -no, too tame, I loathed and detested that programme. It summed up everything I couldn't abide about the 70's. Sparkly suits, Frilly shirts, pencil thin microphones daintily held by the overly-bejewelled hands of second rate club acts in cheap blue suits, Little and Large, Lenny and Jerry, Peters and Lee, Bobby Bleedin' Crush, Bonnie Piggin' Langford, The Worzels, The Young Generation, oh the pain. The nightmares haunt me night after night - when will the memories leave me alone?

OI! nowt wrong with the wurzels, take it back this instant

Those were the days! You knew it was summer when that came on telly!

Innocent fun - not like bloody Love Island, or Big Brother.

I loved that programme! i know it was naff but it was sunny, upbeat and cheered me up.