Where to take almost 4 year old for days out?

My DS is almost four and I'm wanting to expand our horizons and take him to some new places, so I'd love some suggestions please. Any parks, playcentres, day trips, museums etc. that anyone knows of would be great (the cheaper the better, lol!).

Thanks,

Aqua

hi there my daughter is 3, she loves monkey business which is near meadowhall its an indoor play centre which has been great with the recent weather, or heeley city farm we always have a great time.

I completely forgot about Heeley City Farm, he loves the animal part of Graves park so would probably like it there, thanks! How much is it to get in please?

theres kidz kingdom we went today it was lovely huge play area like hillsborough funzone but more spacey and cheaper lol

clifton park rotherham, took my 2 and 4 year old neices there today and they loved it, has a small fair ground in the park buy tokens ect, to go on the rides. theres also a museum there to i know its a trek but its good, theres graves park with animal farm ect heeley city farm is free take my neices there also sometimes.

im not sure its been a while since we have been, also you could go to weston park museum thats great the kids can dress up as eskimos, play shops etc and thats free - highly recomended.

My DS is almost four and I'm wanting to expand our horizons and take him to some new places, so I'd love some suggestions please. Any parks, playcentres, day trips, museums etc. that anyone knows of would be great (the cheaper the better, lol!).

Thanks,

Aqua

wentworth garden and animal centre !

Have you tried Eureka ? It's an interactive Science museum , great day out , can't remember the prices though. But a great freebie is the Railway Museum in York , it's free entry , there's a smallish interactive centre and an outdoor play area , I'm sure there is a picnic area too,quite a good idea as the cafe was quite expensive we thought.

I completely forgot about Heeley City Farm, he loves the animal part of Graves park so would probably like it there, thanks! How much is it to get in please?

Heely Farm is free.

i take my 2 yr old daughter there most sundays she loves it ( so do i ) :hihi:

yorkshire sculpture park, just past barnsley. on a good weather day take a picnic/outdoor games, but there's a cafe there too.

My kids are too old for this sort of thing now but I have some fantastically happy memories of taking them on days out while my wife was studying for her Open University degree.

White Post Farm is a good day out - especially petting the chicks / mice / rabbits and feeding the lambs.

http://whitepostfarmcentre.co.uk/

Sundown adventureland is real fun - always used it as a birthday treat.

http://www.sundownadventureland.co.uk/

Clumber Park is great in good weather.

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w-clumber_park-2

Or a run to the seaside - Bridlington for fish and chips on the harbourside - Mablethorpe for donkey rides and the sand train.

Nearer home you can have great fun in the Botanical Gardens - take a bag of shell on peanuts and feed the squirrels.