Talk Talk Internet problems Megathread

i have found talk talk to be quite unreliable. i think that mobile broad band is even better that this supposedly 24 meg service. torrents also do not work on talk talk.

i have found talk talk to be quite unreliable. i think that mobile broad band is even better that this supposedly 24 meg service. torrents also do not work on talk talk.

I get tired of having to point people to this site - it is TalkTalk's backbone provider (Opaldatadealer). It is clearly '3rd Party' engineers who are working in the Exchanges. BT own the buildings but if your TalkTalk package is LLU then the equipment inside the exchanges belong to TalkTalk and their 3rd Party engineers who work on them - but first I suspect they have to request a key from BT! I have had no major problems and am sticking with them. If you are having major problems and can get access by some other means than phone, then get on to the TalkTalk forums where 'BlueTops' (CPW staff/TT staff) contribute - I went on there to ask if my speed could be upped and it was sorted within a day.

swarfendor43

PS Extract from bottom of ticket referred to above on this site: "Should you have any questions in relation to the above maintenance please contact networks@opal-solutions.com or Tel:0845 456 6541 quoting Master ticket OBS (see list above depending [on] geographical area)"

Edited by swarfendor43

I can't find a post of yours where you have pointed anyone to that site perhaps you could provide a link, the only place you appear to have directed anyone to is the members forum.

But in any case why should we have to be chasing up non existent faults on our equipment when it is now obvious to me that TT knew all along that the fault was elsewhere.

We are the end customers and pay our monthly bills and the problems should be solved by the providers and if not then they can only expect to loose our business as they will mine come October.

we are changing to another provider because talk talk is slow and can be expensive

i was having problems wso i contacted TT and they said it wasnt their fault and to ring belkin as thats the router i have and after talking to belkin it seems the settings for my router were out of date which was causing the problem,this was 3 weeks ago and i have not had a problem since so just wondering if your router is not from TT then that could be your problem.

Is anyone getting soooooo annoyed with talktalk right now? it sometimes takes 4 attempts b4 it connects and then it disconnects all the time. this has been going on for weeks. i haven't phoned them cos it's a waste of time. i was doing my dissertation a couple of weeks ago when it disconnected causing great frustration, then the phone rang. it was talktalk asking me to renew for another 18 months. AS IF!!!!! reached the end of my patience with them.

Yup same here. Mine is constantly connecting at too high a speed so the quality for gaming is awful. Not to mention dropping off regularly.

Phoning them is useless they just insist on going through all the 'change your microfilter' rubbish every single time you ring, then eventually come up with a stupid excuse such as 'we don't support Windows 7'.

Yes they ACTUALLY tried to fob me off by saying they couldn't help because I was running Windows 7!! What a load of rubbish! They have also told me they wouldn't fix the broadband (once it was off completely for weeks because of a hardware fault at the exchange) because it's a free add on to the package and so they could just not bother with it if they didn't want to! As you can imagine that did NOT go down well with me and they soon fixed the damned thing.

Latest excuse of theirs is they 'don't support my router' so won't get second line support to look at the speed issue :roll:

:rant: Talktalk grrrr

Thanks for the heads up. I've just had an 'invite from them. Think I'll decline.

Threads merged.

I can't find a post of yours where you have pointed anyone to that site perhaps you could provide a link, the only place you appear to have directed anyone to is the members forum.

But in any case why should we have to be chasing up non existent faults on our equipment when it is now obvious to me that TT knew all along that the fault was elsewhere.

We are the end customers and pay our monthly bills and the problems should be solved by the providers and if not then they can only expect to loose our business as they will mine come October.

Within this very thread no less!

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=5521819&postcount=9

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=6111602&postcount=33

swarfendor43

i was having problems wso i contacted TT and they said it wasnt their fault and to ring belkin as thats the router i have and after talking to belkin it seems the settings for my router were out of date which was causing the problem,this was 3 weeks ago and i have not had a problem since so just wondering if your router is not from TT then that could be your problem.

Does this article help re the belkin?

http://www.practicalpc.co.uk/reviews/hard/comms/belkin-adsl-wirelessg-router.htm

swarfendor43

Been with them for nearly 3 years now and have had only a few problems. I also know several people with them that play games on-line and are happy as well. Mobile may be better but for that you have to pay a fortune and the download allowance can also be restricted.

Dont forget that talktalk provides the basic broadband package for free as its included in the telephone call charge package, and for a freebee its fairly good. I cant understand how someone on this thread can say that they "can also be expensive." BT and the others charge extra for almost the same basic service. Dont forget that the speed you get is mainly dependent on the quality of the BT line and distance from the exchange.

Glad to say that torrents DO work on talktalk and if they dont work correctly on yours then its probably the settings on your router or firewall.

The best thing to do before signing up to any of them is to check what speed your line will take and not rely on advertising.