Talk Talk Internet problems Megathread

Hi well i dont know what to do now as thay sent another letter today saying if i dont pay the £89 thay are going to add another £60 soliciters fees. I would not mind if i owed it but i have never had a service with them as thay were not compitent enoughf to provide it. Any one thinking of useing them think twice unless you want problems

I think you need Citizens Advice to write a letter.

Are you with a different provider now? Surely, your bills from them are proof enough - who gets Broadband/a landline from 2 companies at the same time?

I think you need Citizens Advice to write a letter.

Are you with a different provider now? Surely, your bills from them are proof enough - who gets Broadband/a landline from 2 companies at the same time?

Hi im with vergin and have been for just over 2 years but im in the process of changeing to sky. Yes im going to have to take some action as the tiscali robbers think thay can ask for any amount thay like. I find it really strange though that thay have sent no bills nothing for over 2 years then when thay do thay say thay are going to disconect me if i dont pay £89 what company would let you have a service with them and not pay for 2 years. THAY ARE A JOKE

Strange how this thread suddenly went quiet.

3 weeks ago after having weeks of problems with TT I had to phone them up again after losing my broadband once again, by the time I got through to them I was reconnected, this time I was actually put through to an English guy on first level helpline, I explained to him that I had just once again been without broadband and he said "well it will be ok from now on" I doubted him and said yes until I put the phone down" and then it will be off again, to which he replied again " it WILL be ok from now on" and guess what! it has never dropped out since.

So after weeks of phone calls and TT blaming everything but there own service it turns out that it must have been something at there end after all.

I wondered if all the other posters have had any problems since?

i've lost my internet connection a couple of times today so pretty much the same, i have tv with them as well and i've not even bothered turning the tv on for well over a week cus it's just not worth the hassle of resetting the box 2-3 times in an evening and getting wound up.

Mine's been much more secure over the last few weeks. It did drop out over night weekend before last when I was on call - I noticed as all the connections that I had with work had to be reset - a bit of a pain at 4 a.m. in the morning.

I noticed on my bank statement that it said 'First Payment' last month. I rang them to find out why (thinking that they may have locked me into a contract - they haven't). Anyway, I threatened to leave due to the service continually failing a few weeks ago - they gave me £5 off my bill per month for the next six months. They mentioned that the broadband dropping out was likely because there were too many users on - but he couldn't understand why this would happen as I was paying for the priority package (or something). I'm wondering whether Talk talk (or whoever) have to pay for so many connections and, either they got a load more customers or they reduced the number of connections that they have, hence the problems a few weeks back.

I'm sticking with it now but I did see (via one of the affilite adverts of SF) that Plus Net have a decent deal on phone and broadband packages. may think about them if I move - and no contract if I don't get a router off them.

G

Well I'm staying with them until October When I can "get out of jail free", at the moment they want £70 off me to leave, I'm then switching to O2 as I've done lots of searching and O2 seem to have very good reports.

As far as I can tell anyone who gets broadband by telephone is getting problems. See the Sky thread elsewhere so basically as they all come from same phone exchange, ie BT then it follows that either the phone exchange is rubbish or that the present technology there is not up to it. Either way service providers are making claims about their broadband provision which are false. Any other business and trading standards would be prosecuting them for making false statements.

Problems for last week with talktalk and internet in s12, can be off for 24 hours then on for a few- very annoying! :rolleyes:

Haha! I Ordered Talk Talk Pro About 2-3 Weeks Ago, They Made Us An Appointment For 19th For Engineer To Come Out But We Had To Change It To 20th, We Waited In Allday For Him To Come And He Never Showed Up, So We Phoned Them Up And They Said He's Been But Not Let Us Know, So We Went Home To Try It No Dial Tone On The Phone, So We Phoned Them Back, And They Said Talk Talk Pro Wasn't Available In Our Area, So We Phoned Them Back Cause I Knew For A Fact Talk Talk Pro Is Available In Our Area, And This Time THey Said It Is Available In Our Area, And He Said We Would Be Live This Weekend, Were Still Not Live Now, So There Messin Us Around Before We Even Go Live

Telepone sales person tried to sell us an extra squillion megawhatevers - I told her the service is barely functioning as it is - they just don't have the capacity.

every1 i know on talk talk say it is a nightmare

just checked my contract and i only have until mid july to go so i will be cancelling very soon :) can't believe i am excited about changing a service provider!!!! they may have been able to wangle £30 + per month out of me over the last year but i bet they have lost a hell of a lot more money by dissatisfied customers warning others off of the service,