Talk Talk Internet problems Megathread

hi it came back then went on here but went again at 10pm last night but ok so far today

Mine went off at about 10 last night too.

Generally, the service that I have received off Talk Talk has been fairly good. It's just the small things that spoil it (like no Internet last night). Other small things are the phone line went down at about 9 p.m. (ages ago) and their phone support is not (or wasn't) active at this time.

I am wondering whether to go back to BT. Their basic package is a similar price to Talk Talk however I do wonder whether the service may be worse.

Whilst there are loads of reviews on the net, BT and Talk Talk come out roughly the same. Could go with SKY but again, their reviews are poor and the lowest cost package is a much lower speed than my current 5.5 mbps.

G

Finally managed to get back on the internet. i had not been able to connect at all all day yesterday and up until a couple of hours ago i rang talk talk and they were helpful the guy just got me to reset my username and password and update my router. but they did say there is a problem in the yorkshire area and they're trying to sort the problem out.

i have been with talk talk since last august..terrible service, i have been trying to cancel the contract since February but they claim i have signed up for 12 months and i am obliged by that contract... have told them they are obliged to provide a service that works! going round in circles at the moment and had to get trading standards involved..don't touch them with a barge pole

I must sign up 10-15 people a day trying to get away from them.. They are really bad by all accounts although I have no personal experience with them.

I don't know if it's talk talk or a problem with my PC, but recently every so often when I go on the computer, the router says "connected" but I face problems actually going on the internet (not loading up). I have the same problem with my Xbox 360. Because I use wireless, the green light is on on the back of the console to say it's connected but won't connect to Xbox Live, much to my biblical annoyance.

yeah i would the problem is is that im in a family of 4 and we use internet at same time :/ be good if u cud use 1 dongle on 2 laptops

you can, its called mifi

instead of the usb donge you get the wireless dongle and connect all your comps to it as you would if it was a normal wi-fi connection

connection is alot slower than other networks

it does not even compare to BT

I have a big problem of not being able to get onto the internet even though the router says i'm connected, just doesn't load or says connection interupted.same with tv, connection seems to be there but it just turns off for no apparent reason then digi box resets itself and this is at least 2 -3 times in an evening, i don't bother having the tv on much anymore to be honest.

Tiscali are crap 26 months ago thay were supose to conect my phone line and internet and 3 weeks went by after loads of phone calls still not conected so i cancled it now after 26 month thay say if i dont pay them thay will cut me off if i dont pay them £89 how can thay cut me off when i have never had there service. Now thay are saying because i have no proof i have cancled i have to pay it.But thay are not geting a penny from me as i have never used there service. Thay are just a bunch of con men and theives. How can a broadband and phone only be £89 for over 2 years service i wish it was

They can't they don't know their arse from their elbow.

They can't they don't know their arse from their elbow.

Hi well i dont know what to do now as thay sent another letter today saying if i dont pay the £89 thay are going to add another £60 soliciters fees. I would not mind if i owed it but i have never had a service with them as thay were not compitent enoughf to provide it. Any one thinking of useing them think twice unless you want problems

My Contracts' nearly up - yay!!. That 'free' laptop isn't really 'free'. But I'd pay the £15 a month + £7 insurance + approx £25 monthly for line rental (and virtually no landline calls) gladly - IF I was getting a good service. I'm in the process of listing every time I lose my broadband. This month I seem to be constantly reporting my landline and broadband disconnected (via Mobile Phone). Sometimes it's for a couple of minutes, more often for 3 to 4 hours - with no warning. Wham - it's just gone. I take on board that BT are responsible for the exchanges etc etc. But quite frankly, I don't care. I'm paying for a service and I expect to get it.

By the way - if you're moving house - be warned. They'll charge you the full month that you move out. Then you'll have an approx 6 week wait for broadband to be connected at your new house regardless of whether the last people were connected or not ( BT's fault apparently - they drag their feet with Talk Talk accounts, so I was told) - then you'll get charged the full month for the month you're connected up . Plus a 'Contract Breakage' fee from the last house ( think it was £65). And on top of that - they cancel your contract ( even if it only has a month to go) and start a brand new contract. And in the meantime, your 'free' laptop has bit the dust and you need a new one!!

I suppose I might have been able to pay the 'Contract breakage' fee and then gone elsewhere. But I thought I was tied up because of the laptop. And who needs that headache in the middle of moving house anyway.

So as a note to Talk Talk as no doubt they read anything online pertaining to them from time to time - I'll pay all of that if i have to, but I expect my broadband to be connected 24/7 (unless reasonable prior warning is given) or you should refund/compensate some rental cost in line with your monthly charges. Seems fair to me.

Just thought you'd like to know how it really is - although, like any other Company, they just take your money knowing that nowhere is any better and we're too busy/scared/informed/resigned to try.