Talk Talk Internet problems Megathread

had talk talk for 18 months, worst provider I've ever had. S pent hours and hours on the phone to an Indian call centre, couldn't understand the guys, felt like ripping the phone out.Went with BT who found a fault on the line straight away, took them a couple of weeks to sort things out but was the best move I ever did. QUESTION, how many talk talk vans do you see on the roads ? Their good at signing you up but rubbish if there's any problem with the lines etc.

Talk Talk are an ISP. They do not have vans. They rent the lines from BT.

Any repairs are carried out by Openreach.

Talk Talk is run by those people at Carphone Warehouse. They are brokers. That means they rent systems and equipment and act as agents for named companies: for example, O2, 3, etc.

They use BT lines so you pay Talk Talk's charges plus BT's line rental.

By all accounts, if you research reviews, their mobile phone and internet terms and conditions are full of wiles and traps designed to fool and trick those of us who do not read the small print into remaining "in contract" even when you think you are not. There are many accounts of people who think they have cancelled their contracts being later served with debt collector's demands.

Couple all this with their dire unreliable service and I wonder why they remain in business.

Virgin Media's Blueyonder is far and away the market leader in terms of reliability, quality, and of course, price.

Edited by spartacus
missing word

Just spent 10 minutes waiting to speak to someone from talk talk after our internet has been down again for couple of hours, automated woman said they are experiencing technical difficulties in the Yorkshire area, but was told by some indian guy that isnt the case, that the internet in this area is fine- I told him that Talk talk have said they are experiencing difficulties themselves, but he wouldnt have it, then my internet magically came on!!

Im well and truly fed up with them now, and the crappy service we are recieving, and will be complaining.

Yeah, mine's been down for a good while today as well, sick to the back teeth of the service:(.

If any of you want to cancel your Talk Talk or Carphone Warehouse agreements you must first ensure you are no longer within your contract dates.

Then read the terms and conditions that apply to ending the agreement. Usually, you will have to give 30 days notice, in writing, to the address specified in the terms and conditions. You might be tempted to cancel by phone, but in writing is the safest way to end agreements. DO NOT just cancel your direct debit.

I would advise sending all correspondence by recorded delivery and retaining the receipt.

Edited by spartacus

Apparently they are no longer with CPW my last DD said 1st payment Talktalk Telecom. I wonder if this would give me a get out as I think my contract was with CPW.:suspect::suspect:

hi mine went down at 4 till 5 was ok before that but other week phone went as well been with them over two years and just started to have problems

How do you use a forum when your internet is down?

Mine went down last night. Found outage page posted earlier useful which did confirm there was an issue on the 20th in yorkshire . Again how to get to this page when the internet is down :)http://broadband.talktalk.co.uk/outages?NODE_ID=11344

When starting with talktalk I had nothing but problems for two months, but four years on I haven't had one problem since ..

Hi peeps,

As people on TalkTalk clearly haven't read my last post I would advise they join here. Response is far quicker than phone - when it's working obviously!

regards,

swarfendor43

I've been with TalkTalk for about 4 months now and i've had nothing but trouble with my internet connection. Its a rediculous service, no-one can actually help they just send you round in circles. I'm fed up with talktalk wish i'd never moved now from BT i never had any problems with my internet or phone connections

hi it came back then went on here but went again at 10pm last night but ok so far today

How do you use a forum when your internet is down?

I just use my phone for internet when it happens.