Talk Talk Internet problems Megathread

My account moved from tiscali to talk talk, and since the takeover I've had so many connection problems I can't number them all. My coneection seems to cut in & out every few minututes, it goes from normal speed to zero & back again, speed tests register as low as 0.2 meg. After much ranting down the phone to some off shore call centre (ask for 2nd line technical support if you get the usual patter, change the filter, is it on an extension....) I am now expecting a broadband engineer to call tomorrow to investigate. We shall see..

im in sheff 13

mine phone and internet was off from 10.00 am yesterday internet came on at 9.50 pm

but still no phone line the phone is dead

I have a 2mb connection...i tested my internet speed yesterday..it was 303kb p/s.

was going to ring up today to kick off about it...just tested it again and its 2.4mb.

very annoying when the speed is up and down all the time.

Just like Firemansam, we were originally with Tiscali & now Talktalk. We have landline, broadband & T.V. So far, there has not been a problem, (she's says with fingers crossed). We live in S17.

I wish i ha read this 2 months ago! I have recently joined talk talk. When speaking to the chap on the phone he was brilliant, telling me what I would be getting etc etc. After my go live date I have had constant red lights appearing at random times on my router and when I phone up they don't understand me and its really frustrating!! I think I will be changing ISP when my contract is up!

I wish i ha read this 2 months ago! I have recently joined talk talk. When speaking to the chap on the phone he was brilliant, telling me what I would be getting etc etc. After my go live date I have had constant red lights appearing at random times on my router and when I phone up they don't understand me and its really frustrating!! I think I will be changing ISP when my contract is up!

I used to have the same problems with Talk Talk. Line dropping several times a day, requiring a cold reboot. Customer services were terrible; they could only stick to their scripts: "have you tried turning it off and on again at the wall?". :hihi:

I switched to O2 and had only one fault in eighteen months with them, which they texted me about, half an hour before it occurred and texted me again an hour and a half later to let me know it was fixed. Now that's service! But you get what you pay for.

Customer services were terrible; they could only stick to their scripts: "have you tried turning it off and on again at the wall?".

Yes my enquiry was answered with... " could you please going to thee wall and locating soakit where you rrr telee phone line is connected. Ok please unplugging your line and switching you rrr modem on and oaf please"

I gave up

I used plusnet at least they are not script monkeys. Also no problems on cable here. nice and fast and wholesome :)

My account moved from tiscali to talk talk, and since the takeover I've had so many connection problems I can't number them all. My coneection seems to cut in & out every few minututes, it goes from normal speed to zero & back again, speed tests register as low as 0.2 meg. After much ranting down the phone to some off shore call centre (ask for 2nd line technical support if you get the usual patter, change the filter, is it on an extension....) I am now expecting a broadband engineer to call tomorrow to investigate. We shall see..

My advice to you is join the TalkTalk Forums - they have techies on there that will sort you out quicker than phoning the helpline - usually the next day.

I have a 2mb connection...i tested my internet speed yesterday..it was 303kb p/s.

was going to ring up today to kick off about it...just tested it again and its 2.4mb.

very annoying when the speed is up and down all the time.

As per my advice to Firemansam.

As per my advice to Firmansam.

Customer services were terrible; they could only stick to their scripts: "have you tried turning it off and on again at the wall?".

Yes my enquiry was answered with... " could you please going to thee wall and locating soakit where you rrr telee phone line is connected. Ok please unplugging your line and switching you rrr modem on and oaf please"

I gave up

As per my advice to Firemansam.

I used plusnet at least they are not script monkeys. Also no problems on cable here. nice and fast and wholesome :)

The only problem with plusnet is that once they lost all of their customer's e-mails as a techie forgot which console he was looking at when updating a mailserver - hope your luck holds!

regards,

swarfendor43

PS the problems here are with TalkTalk's backbone - Opal - who in turn have had some faulty kit supplied by Redback, a subsidiary of Ericsson - if you can take the trouble to read this link: http://www.opaldatadealer.com/support/network-status/report/?reportid=963&sref=http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=6111602&posted=1#post6111602

Edited by swarfendor43

My nan had problems with the phone lines. I needed to ring the docs at 2pm to get my daughter seen at the docs and because the phone lines was down the appointments were gone. I had tried at 8.30am until 9.45am yesterday each time it was engaged. So was told to ring back at 2pm so I tried but obviously the phones were down :rant:.

hi, is anyone having problems with talk talk internet. im using d link router and everyso often it just decides to switch turn of internet and it can be really slow some times.

Yes my parents are having same problem with Netgear router in the S20 area where are you?