Talk Talk Internet problems Megathread

Anyone else with Talk Talk and having problems with their phone line?

Got up today, turned laptop on - unable to surf. Tried various things as Windoze updated yesterday - still no go. Tried my mobile dongle - works - but awful reception. Then tried the phone and it's dead.

Rang Talk Talk, they have a problem in Yorkshire. I ask if it's just Talk Talk or is it across a range of landlines, they answer "Yes". I ask again and they say similar, I don't think that the woman at the other end of the phone had even heard of BT.

Anyhow, anyone else having problems with Talk Talk today?

Oh, I'm in S10, btw.

G

We're always having problems with Talktalk, my broadband has been hit and miss for the last 2 weeks. It disconnected many times yesterday, slightly improved today.

This seems to go in cycles, it can be fine for several weeks then it usually starts with Broadband disconnecting then the landline, I'm sick of 'phoning them and being asked the same stupid things like modem details etc. etc.

My neighbour is Talktalk and doesn't have the same problems so I've no idea why ours is intermittent.

We had no phones for a couple of hours this morning, and internet only just come back on ggrrr! My mum had same problem. When I phoned them this morning, I got a recorded message saying they were aware of the problems and were trying to sort them out.

talk talk's network is crap at the best of times and that's reently been proved. I suggest finding a decent ISP.

Same problem S12.My neighbour has had no internet in the morning for about a week,but it is O.K. in the evening.

Yep aol have had the same and virgin and many more , im in s12 and i spoke to aol about 30 mins ago and someone in birmingham has gone into a main communication cable that supplies lots of networks its affected most of the country so they told me , but looks ok now thank god :)

Yes, not been able to access internet all day. Tried with 3 different laptops... at least we know it's not something to do with our wireless.

Any ideas how long it'll take for them to sort it?

Yes, not been able to access internet all day. Tried with 3 different laptops... at least we know it's not something to do with our wireless.

Any ideas how long it'll take for them to sort it?

Myne was off all day up to a 30 mins or so i just kept trying and tried to be patient lol , but most are back up and running now .

My landline and broadband have been on and off all day, Im with AOL.

Mine's been down all day but got a few minutes at about lunch time, just long enough to fool me into writing an email but cut out again before I could send it......grrrrrrr:mad:

Myne was off all day up to a 30 mins or so i just kept trying and tried to be patient lol , but most are back up and running now .

Yeah it's back on now. :)

Just tried, back up.