Which camera should I buy

I'm looking for a decent camera and was thinking of a fuji pix ? I'm new to this but wanted something a bit more than the basic digital I've been using. Any advice please?

What's your budget? Nobody can really help without that.

Sorry ! Never thought of that :hihi:I don't want to spend a lot maybe up to £200 Is that not enough for a decent (ish) one?

Depends what you mean by decent. It's not going to get you a dSLR with a big range of lenses, but you'll get a very nice compact for that money. I recommend you check out the Panasonic TZ7. It's £199 on Amazon, 10MP and, more impressively, 12x optical zoom, about 4 times as much optical zoom as you'd get on just about any other compact. Picture quality is great, reviews are universally glowing, and it does HD video recording, as well as having a beautifully hi-res screen. Check out these sample shots. You could save £20 and go with the TZ6, which is the same camera but without HD video and with half the resolution on the LCD, but since it doesn't have a viewfinder so the screen is the only way to frame your shot, having that extra resolution is well worth £20.

That sounds good, Thanks for that. I'll take a peek now !

I like Canons myself, I've had a A710IS for years now. Still works well and is more discrete then my D350 although not to good at high ISO's. Whatever you go for you do need a viewfinder I've not seen a LCD screen yet that's usable in bright sunlight. I heard this can happen in this country :)

Now this is where I start getting confused :hihi:I guess like most things it comes down to personal preference so I shall let you know what I decide on and if I manage any good photos :D