Whatever happened to Radio Hallam...

Originally posted by goldenfleece

Having returned to Sheffield after 20 years I tuned into what used to be known as Radio Hallam, and had to put uop with this atrocious noise and rabble talking all over the records and shoting down the microphone. It sounded SOOOO amaterish I switiched off...FOR GOOD. TOTAL CRAP!!!!

What happened to all the old Radio Hallam jocks, Ray Stuart, Keith Skues, Kelly Temple, Colin Slade, Johnny Moran, Beverly Chubb, Bill Crozier, Roger Moffat, etc. Dont tell me they all abandoned Sheffield........

Anyone know what happened to the once "Its nice to have a radio station as a friend" station known formerly as Radio Hallam, and not 'Hallam FM'.........the latter is beyond help!!!!!

try this one mate real radio 106-108 fm

http://www.realradiofm.com/home.asp

Originally posted by bigdave1

Have found this out for you all this evening....

9mb of fun - Hallam Jingles circa 1980

http://www.secure.forcehost.net/~dave/Hallamland.mp3

Enjoy !

Do you think it was based on Minder's theme tune? Oh eck, it sounds more like Chas and Dave now! This is really FLUFFY. You could get wrapped up in this it's that COSY.

Listen and weep "Hallam FM". This is - admittedly in a sad sense - fantastic!

Thanks for this. 'Hallaaaaam Top Forrrrttyyyy'!!!!

hallam adverts were spot on..fossit and thorn was always on,pa jewlry and with a young lad shouting "MR HODGKISS MR HODGKISS and he replied "wots up naah lad" can't remember what thead was for though.:confused:

I'll start to dig some more stuff out - I do know that I have a couple of old ad's somewhere.

I do know that I've got the Towngate Motors , Rackhams , Arnold Laver and TCH commercials, so I'll find those out for you....

Originally posted by kirky

hallam adverts were spot on..fossit and thorn was always on,pa jewlry and with a young lad shouting "MR HODGKISS MR HODGKISS and he replied "wots up naah lad" can't remember what thead was for though.:confused:

Yeh, nice one Kirky - I clearly remember that Mr Hodgkiss ad! What about the one for Roxy Nightclub, 'Is that alright for yers?'

I've forgotten the chap's name, but he died really young from a heart-attack.

I also recall the Fletchers ad: Good for you, good for me; Don't wait till tomorrow, fetch yourself a Fletcher's loaf.

I'm sure if I sat in a darkened room a whole plethora of ads would spring to mind, The Moor the Merrier etc!!

Don't if I 'm the only one but what always used to p*** me of about the early days of Radio Hallam was that it proffessed to be such a local treasure but most of the presenters couldn't even be bothered to learn the correct pronunciation of the local areas.

They would be always coming out withe things like the Why- born estate, Bow Cheef, Green Hill, Darn Hall.

Don't know if its still the same what I've heard of it still sounds like patronising crap.

Originally posted by Ousetunes

Yeh, nice one Kirky - I clearly remember that Mr Hodgkiss ad! What about the one for Roxy Nightclub, 'Is that alright for yers?'

I've forgotten the chap's name, but he died really young from a heart-attack.

I also recall the Fletchers ad: Good for you, good for me; Don't wait till tomorrow, fetch yourself a Fletcher's loaf.

I'm sure if I sat in a darkened room a whole plethora of ads would spring to mind, The Moor the Merrier etc!!

the bloke was called barry noble,i'm sure it still says barry nobles roxy and the front wall.

This thread really brings back memories.

I remember Hallam having a stand at the Sheffield show when it was at Hillsborough. (it used to be really busy then)

And whats worse I remember seeing Chas and Dave who were (I think) special guests one year.

Remember those Radio Hallam stickers you used to see everywhere?

:gag: Hallam only has nine records in it's collection, you'd be far better off listening to MAGIC AM :heyhey:

time for a song,

whether you live in sheffield or on the yorkshire moors

you can be sure that we are your's ANYTIME,

and if you live in rotherham or on the river don

as far as we're conscerned your number one ANYTIME.

the sound of music fills the air, above the meadows dales and hills

and suddenly the world's a brighter place to be alive in.

it's because your tuned to radio hallam.:clap::loopy:

anyone remember the James H. Reeve radio phone in? I used to love listening to that late at night in bed.

Originally posted by spook

anyone remember the James H. Reeve radio phone in? I used to love listening to that late at night in bed.

was his show on in 83 or something ? freddie j allen was always one of my faves on there along with amanda charlsworth

wonder what happend to those 2