Whatever happened to Radio Hallam...

I remember being in the mulberry tavern where roger moffet used to drink lol gawd he was a riot lol

...is'nt Big John "doing up" an old Radio Hallam 80's outside broadcast caravan ? Sure he mentioned about it the other week ,but no pics or info on website.:huh:

kelly temple used to present the hallam top 40 on sunday afternoons.

Ray Stuart used to do the magic at midnight feature with the scary jingle.

Martin Kelner was every school boys hero - hes now on Talk Sport.

Remember the Radio hallam jingle for the 10 min news at five to the hour?

Then there was jobfinder at quarter to the hour - finding a job for you - jobfinder!

Just when I thought this station couldn't get any worse,they now have followed Real Radio in getting the girl with the traffic news to have as strong a (West) Yorkshire accent as possible.

Sound clips from the first four years of operation, of the then new Independent Local Radio (commercial) station: Radio Hallam, serving South Yorkshire & the North Midlands, UK. Radio Hallam began broadcasting on 1st October 1974 and operated from studios at Hartshead, off the High Street, in the centre of Sheffield, South Yorkshire.

Includes sound clips of : Frank Carpenter; Ian Rufus; Brenda Ellison; Johnny Moran; Keith Skues; Jean Doyle; Bill Crozier; Jonathan Craymer; Ray Stuart; Alan Biggs; Colin Slade; Michael Lindsay; Mike Rouse; Beverly Chub; Liz Davies; Roger Brooks and also includes the very first TEN MINUTES of RADIO HALLAM!!!

Some jingles and adverts too!!!

You can also add clips as it is a public board, meaning you can upload an old Radio Hallam tape recording clips (mp3) to the soundboard (1MB max). Moderated by board owner, Frank Carpenter.

http://www.soundboard.com/sb/frank21c.aspx

Edited by Joe9T

Oh My Goodness!

Thank you, and well done on finding and sharing this link!

I'm in audio heaven!

And thanks to Frank Carpenter for creating the page too

Oh My Goodness!

Thank you, and well done on finding and sharing this link!

I'm in audio heaven!

And thanks to Frank Carpenter for creating the page too

Were back in RADIO HALLAM Heaven!!! :0)

A thing:

On 29th May 1981, the Late Martin Kelner show featured an interview. I recorded that interview. Now with the aid of clever things with buttons and screens I have captured the essence of it in it's entirety from where it lived (Anyone remember cassette tapes?).

The file is an MP3 and is over 40 minutes long, but it is available to view, sorry listen to on:

Oh blinking flip! Having just rejoined after losing my original identity, it won't let me post a link until I have made more posts.

You'll just have to wait, sorry!