Whatever happened to Radio Hallam...

(QUOTE, Anyone know what happened to Graham Blinko?)

If I remember he was the Managing Director in the mid 80s. I used to kn ow his Daughter at Tapton School in about 1985.

Graham Blincow is now retired to a life of leisure and fishing. I've been a friend of his for ..... mmm..... let's see now.......minutes. He's fit and well, although his fishing skills leave a lot to be desired.

Early annoying ads also included "BAT joinery".....

Used to be on every advert break - talk about winding you up.

Something else that used to get under the skin was a recording of a bird, twittering away in the background, when Bill MacDonald (I think - a director, too) was on......

You'd think it would be really relaxing but it wasn't!!!!

Bill Crozier was the one with the twittering Nightingale that he called Florence,(Geddit?) on his latenight "Cosier with Crozier" show

I remember Bill Crozier doing the request show weekdays 7 while 8PM and Sunday Lunchtimes 12 while 2.

Does anyone remember a presenter called Michail Lindsey? He used to be on Saturday evenings at 8. I cant remember what show he did but I remember his name.

i think it's down to popular choice. your now 'to old'.

try listening to classic fm or even radio sheffield. lol

I remember Bill Crozier doing the request show weekdays 7 while 8PM and Sunday Lunchtimes 12 while 2.

Does anyone remember a presenter called Michail Lindsey? He used to be on Saturday evenings at 8. I cant remember what show he did but I remember his name.

I used to like Michael Lindsay too.

He, like Mike Rouse, was one of the engineers who was allowed "air time"

He used to play jingles from other ILR stations and a few American & 60's pirate jingles and occasionally get the sports editor, Stuart Linell involved.

(QUOTE, Anyone know what happened to Graham Blinko?)

Graham Blincow is now retired to a life of leisure and fishing. I've been a friend of his for ..... mmm..... let's see now.......minutes. He's fit and well, although his fishing skills leave a lot to be desired.

He might be retired to a life of leisure and fishing but he still knows who his real friends are - anyway, who are you to judge his fishing abilities - sounds like you think you know something about the subject, and that's a myth!!!

It's lovely to read everybody's comments about the life I led for 16 years - I guess I was lucky to be part of it.

If anyone can tell me how to attach a picture to a posting, I'd like to share one with you.

was his show on in 83 or something ? freddie j allen was always one of my faves on there along with amanda charlsworth

wonder what happend to those 2

Recently Freddie J Allan was on Magic AM Sheffield but I dont think he is there now. Yes I used to like Amanda Charlesworth who was on the Sunday late show. She was very good. She also presented Hallam Folk for a while. She left around 1988 but have not heard of her since then.

Hi everyone.

If anyone out therer has any old Radio hallam recordings please let me know. Particularly from the 70s and early 8u0s. It would be good to hear some of the old jocks and jingles again. If anyone has any and willing to make copies please let me know.

It's lovely to read everybody's comments about the life I led for 16 years - I guess I was lucky to be part of it.

Graham - Take your mind back to the job you had BEFORE you joined Hallam - at an engineering company. You interviewed me for a storeman's job - but thought I had potential to become a work study engineer and gave me the chance.

That turned my whole life around - I am not in Work Study now, but I have no doubt whatsoever that without you giving me that opportunity my life would have been completly different.

I have often thought about that interview, but never had chance to remark upon it.

Let me publicly say thank you very very much

Hello there, was just browsing the internet when I noticed my name on this forum. It brought a warm comfy feeling to the cockles of my heart! I left Hallam in the late 80's and moved further North and was with BBC Radio Cleveland for a while, and have settled for the moment in North Yorkshire.

Radio Hallam in those days was very special, and I shall always look back with great fondness......it was fab.

I still miss Sheffield and would just like to wish everyone lots of luck and happiness....and if you know of a vacant seat infront of a microphone......give me a call........:)

Amanda Charlesworth.

Following replacement of a failed computer hard disk I'm in the process of re-ripping our CD collection and having a listen to stuff which rarely gets listen to...

Just listened to one track which has a Radio Hallam connection, Harry Chapin - WOLD, OK I've told you the track, who is old enough and anorak enough to know the connection. As a clue I will say the connection is with Johnny Moran .