Whatever happened to Radio Hallam...

On Saturday Mornings after the breakfast show with Colin Slade there was a guy called Michail rous. I think that is the right name. He was on Late Mornings. Also Colin Slade presented Hallam Rock every Monday 8u Till 10.

Anybody know what happened to the presenter Dave Roberts who used to present the phone in shows at night in the early 90's

Collin Slade presents the Evening show on Planet rock on DAB.7pm - 10pm weekdays

Does anyone remember the jocks on overnight 2 till 6? I remember 1 called Maggie Mash she used to be on weedays 2 till 6AM. Maggie went to work for Yorkshire Television as a programme anouncer in the late 80s Also I remember Graham Blinko on a Monday morning.

Also other Djs I think there was someone called Alan West. Also Dave Kilner started on nights when he first joined Radio Hazmmam

Anyone know what happened to Graham Blinko?

Yes the revive 45 show was on Thursdays and I saw Kelly Temple at the Sheffield show years ago.

He was Asian as someone has already mentioned.

I once sat in with Ray Stuart in 1975 as he did his Saturday morning slot and it was Mike Rousse who welcomed me to the studio.

Stuart did'nt talk a lot but I suppose he had to concerntrate on his show.

Rousse followed Stuart at 12.00 on Saturday....

Na Na Na Na Na

Roussey plays the music on hallam radio

????????, may even bring on tears,

Oh Roussey plays the music on hallam radio.

Anyone know what happened to Graham Blinko?

If I remember he was the Managing Director in the mid 80s. I used to kn ow his Daughter at Tapton School in about 1985.

Yes the revive 45 show was on Thursdays and I saw Kelly Temple at the Sheffield show years ago.

He was Asian as someone has already mentioned.

I once sat in with Ray Stuart in 1975 as he did his Saturday morning slot and it was Mike Rousse who welcomed me to the studio.

Stuart did'nt talk a lot but I suppose he had to concerntrate on his show.

Rousse followed Stuart at 12.00 on Saturday....

Na Na Na Na Na

Roussey plays the music on hallam radio

????????, may even bring on tears,

Oh Roussey plays the music on hallam radio.

I redmember Mike Rouse had a jingle which went Rousey Saturday sung by a female voice. I think if I remember right he used to play the latest releaases and was very knowlegable about music. Also I think he left in the early 80s. I dont know where he went. If I heard his voice again it would take me back in time.

Mike (Powerhouse) Rouse was one of the engineering team at Hallam.

He started with the "Powerhouse Disco Show" at 7 o'clock on friday nights before Big Ray Stuart's "Hallam Soul Express".

Eventually he was given the Saturday lunchtime slot with the "Flying Pizza Show" Starting with a one hour show, which was later to be extended to two hours.

Sometimes he'd mess around with records, I remember him extending and remixing Sailor's "Glass of Champagne" by copying bits out and adding them back in at various places. All done with reel to reel tape machines (No digital sampling then)

Then of course there was the "Fab Phaser" and the usual collection of funny and unusual records.

I seem to remember him later on in the news with a Ford Transit on giant wheels.

I think, although I may be wrong, that he has a recording studio some where in Sheffield.

I met him a few times, and he was a really nice guy!

I also remember that someone would send in a request for there worst record to be played for the last time and he would blow it up.

The sound of a big explosion would come at the end of it.

Early annoying ads also included "BAT joinery".....

Used to be on every advert break - talk about winding you up.

Something else that used to get under the skin was a recording of a bird, twittering away in the background, when Bill MacDonald (I think - a director, too) was on......

You'd think it would be really relaxing but it wasn't!!!!

Funnilee enuff.... I came across Hallam on the internet yesterday. It's been 15 years since I left Sheffield. Didn't sound to bad but then I am now an old 'git' who constantly plays eighties music... so sad..