Whatever happened to Radio Hallam...

...thanks Bertielil , sorry i meant the 40th (67-07) - didnt Keith Skues also go ?

Hi Bracken, Johnny was out of the country in September 2007, which was the 40th Anniversary of Radio 1, not the 50th, he attended the 25th, but unfortunately has since been soaking up the rays in the South of France for several months of the year, September included. Hey, that's an Oz for you. lol.

I'd love to know if Johnny Moran is well and happy and it is fab news to hear that he is sunning himself!!!! I did hear that he lived somewhere @ Doncaster, but no real news concerning him, since he left 'Radio' Hallam in the 80's!

He was a wonderful presenter and one of the 'greats' from 'RADIO' Hallam days, right from the beginning! :)

Edited by Joe9T

The old ad I would love :love:love:love: love to hear again is the SYT Savercard one. The only thing I can remember is that it was aired in the mid to late 1980s and was based around I Get Around by the Beach Boys...included the 'lyrics' below:

I get around on SYT, pick up a card its so e-e-easy.

Savercard savercard £15.00, suss out the bus and keep costs down.

Sorry but I cant remember anymore about it apart from the above 2 lines!

Also transport-related, there was an East Midlands buses ad on hallam (late 1980s/early 1990s?) with the line which went:

People going places...east midlands..

I have the 'Transport Executive' ad... "Were taking care to get you theeeere ... Transport Executive", from the nineties if that helps!

I only listen to Classic Gold!! Can't get that in my car though, so if I am pushed listen to Peak, but mostly cd's.

Roger Moffat: Radio Hallam's 10th Anniversary 1984

Part 1...

Part 2...

i used to listen to james h reeve show

his show was hillarious and very controversial at times..

i had debate with the father of leah betts , the girl who died taking ecstasy..

i also had a real debate about fathers for justice and the rights of a father when the couple arn't married.. that was a real good show that night lol..

i also had a real debate about fathers for justice and the rights of a father when the couple arn't married.. that was a real good show that night lol..

James H Reeve phone-in @ mid 90's was brilliant. He knew what he was talking about and the many characters that came on made for a great nights listening. Margaret from Leeds, Lawrence with Reeve Town and posh guy supposedly from a mansion nr Retford.

James H Reeve phone-in @ mid 90's was brilliant. He knew what he was talking about and the many characters that came on made for a great nights listening. Margaret from Leeds, Lawrence with Reeve Town and posh guy supposedly from a mansion nr Retford.

hello james its margret .. you know ..margret from leeds.. she cracked me up.

who was the chap who used to come on and read stories he had written?? farmer bill was one of the characters and it was often risque content lol

god this takes me back.. james h reeve ..radio legend and comedy genius.. his cut offs were very funny..

Edited by pisces1

who was the chap who used to come on and read stories he had written?? farmer bill was one of the characters and it was often risque content lol

I think that was Lawrence, he wrote something called "Reevetown" for the show and read it out live on air one night, and someone did put it up on YouTube, but sadly it's no longer there. He sounded a bit camp, if it's the guy you are thinking of.

He's still around, but seems he's not been in radio for a while.

His Twitter feed is here....http://twitter.com/JamesHReeve

I'm not on twitter, but be interesting if anyone could ask him about all the old Hallam characters.

will be putting up rare vintage 1978 Hallam recording later.....see separate thread which will contain URL and details....streaming mp3 I hope....but BIG file....

Goldenfleece do you happen to have the link to the Vintage Hallam recording thread that you mentioned you would be putting up containing separate URL's and details....streaming mp3

Would like to listen to that Martin Kelner rare vintage stuff that you found in your attic.

Did you get round to putting a thread up?

P.S Is Goldenfleece the same person as Vinyl Kat at the Dove & rainbow??

Martin Kelner is on Talk Radio--hear him quite often when they have a cross station chat with Talk Sport about 03.30hrs both part of Globe Radio===still as dry as ever