Who the heck do I vote for? Or Shall I not bother?

Making you do it twice? :D

John X

Would that be classed as excessive voting? ;)

Would that be classed as excessive voting? ;)

Worked a treat in Ireland!

Vote early, vote often. :D

John X

you should register a protest vote (Green, BNP, etc)

Don't say that! I would have hoped that the European elections would've helped people realise that using the BNP as a protest vote is a very, very bad idea.

then you should register a protest vote (Green, BNP, etc) or spoil your paper.

Don't ever vote BNP folks, not even as a joke or a protest. :suspect:

John X

Try this

http://votematch.co.uk/

Based on your answers you can find out which party has the most similar views to your own.

Brilliant thanks for that got the answer I wanted.

Because you replace a group of people who 'didn't bother to vote' with a group of people who were forced to vote and got no representation.

I'm not saying it will start the revolution, but it may spark a public debate, that for the first time, asks serious questions about what we mean by democracy in the UK.

Oh, I see where you are coming from now.

Of course such a debate could undermine the system, but when you described it as a "problem", I thought you'd meant that was a bad thing. :?

Vote None of the Above!

Try this

Based on your answers you can find out which party has the most similar views to your own.

I tried that, and the result was British National Party 65%

Never! :o

John X

Try this

That was interesting actually. Came out just as I anticipated!

Listening to the commons, they all sound like baying school kids ..

I'm really not sure I want to vote .. but of course, that'll have all the women going .. "ooh women died for the vote .. and on and on" .. and the other lot who say .. "well don't moan if you don't like what the voted in party does in the future as YOU, your vote, could have changed all this, so you don't have a say!"

I have absolutely no idea ... they are all bloody idiots that can't possibly deliver all they say they will -

Help.

Who the heck do I vote for...or shall I not bother??

Well.....it will soon be a bit too late for THIS election...but you could actually vote for yourself...for your own political party....

Of course...you have to be able to raise a few bob and be a bit nifty about it.....but...you could seriously stand in any local or national election yourself...if you are over 18 and are not an unspent convict....see below...

People wishing to stand as an MP must be over 18 years of age, and a British citizen, or citizen of a Commonwealth country or the Republic of Ireland.

Candidates must be nominated by ten parliamentary electors of the constituency they wish to stand in.

Authorisation is required to stand for a specific party, otherwise candidates will be described as independent or have no description.

In order to encourage only serious candidates to stand, a £500 deposit is required when submitting the nomination papers - returned if the candidate receives over five per cent of the total votes cast.

Certain people are disqualified from standing as an MP - please check the Electoral Commission website for further details.

I got something stupid like that as well, I was actually ashamed! When I took it out of the running I think I got 30% Conservative, 30% Labour and 20% Lib Dem... wheres the other 20% gone?! Still doesn't clear matters up for me as to who I am going to vote for.

I got something stupid like that as well, I was actually ashamed! When I took it out of the running I think I got 30% Conservative, 30% Labour and 20% Lib Dem... wheres the other 20% gone?! Still doesn't clear matters up for me as to who I am going to vote for.

It's a measure of how many of their policies you agree with - you agree with 30% of Conservative policies etc. It doesn't necessarily add up to 100.