Best Indian Restaurant on West Street?

Can anyone recommend a decent (not too heavy on the pocket) Indian restaurant in/around West Street?

I love Cafe Guru but the OP states a place "not too heavy on the pocket" and whilst I don't think Cafe Guru is expensive, it's not too cheap either.

It's the kind of Indian which I think you go to before going out, as opposed to floating a curry on ten pints of lager at the end of an evening.

It's all relative isn't it?!

So Einstein reckons - but personally i like the Saffron Club (though is that technically Glossop Rd?)

Cafe Guru - very nice, bit dearer than average and limited menu.

Saffron Club - yes pretty good. Maybe the best of the bunch for what you're looking for.

Aagrah - not bad, but too big and too rushed.

Nirmals - no, no and no (see threads on here).

Khan's - never been but looks like a cheapo nasty place aimed at drunk students. Closed now anyway?

Sahib - 1970s style place but not a good example of that type (no red flock wallpaper) and the food is bland and often an alarming colour.

Dosanj - not been but see terrible reviews on here.

Butlers - not been, good reviews on here but slightly off the beaten track.

I think that's it. I've yet to find an Indian in Sheff that I'm totally happy with. They're all worth a try though - at least once.

Thanks for that - will check it out.

Have a walk down to Seven Spices on Shalesmoor.

I'm always surprised with these types of threads that Nawabs never seems to get a mention.

We've been 3 or 4 times and always had a decent meal in decent surroundings.

From a price point of view it usually costs 2 of us between £40 - £50, whereas somewhere like Butlers is £30 - £40, so it's a little pricier (probably in the same bracket as Aagrah).

Regards

Doom

Thanks for those replies - we actually ended up at Sahib. Had a really tasty madras but the garlic naan was disgusting and had never seen garlic! Will try somwhere else next time.