Longley dip cordened off today 4/4/10

Does anyone know what happened there today, we were coming home that way and had to divert, looked like an accident, hope it wasn't too serious xx

There were police cars hanging around too this afternoon. An unmarked one sat for hours at the bottom of Lindsay Road, Parson Cross and 2 marked ones on the Job Lot car park. Wonder if it was related.

I've heard this was a bad accident.

Only rumour but from what I've been told someone was run over after leaving Longley Park

My nethew is in a tangle, he was going the other direction, saw the kid run out and get run over and knocked in the air.

He stayed with the driver of the other vehicle (who he says had no chance of stopping) while the ambulance arrived.

He said that the driver of the vehicle was great tho in attending the kid that was run over. He is still flapping tho, but it would put anyone about I suppose.

My nethew is in a tangle, he was going the other direction, saw the kid run out and get run over and knocked in the air.

He stayed with the driver of the other vehicle (who he says had no chance of stopping) while the ambulance arrived.

He said that the driver of the vehicle was great tho in attending the kid that was run over. He is still flapping tho, but it would put anyone about I suppose.

this road really puts me about...not long ago i had a go at some girls playing chicken with cars on the dip....it wasnt that long ago that there was a fatal accident there....i really hope this kid is ok....any news on them?

ive seen kids running out of the entrance to the park in the dip all too often and thought it would end in an injury sooner rather than later

in my opinion it needs barriers or something to stop the kids from running out of the park into the road but i cant see that working as its a driveway as well for the houses in the park

hope the kid is ok and the driver doesnt suffer from it

That road is really bad. People fly down it at ridiculous speeds (not that I’m accusing this driver of that). That coupled with the morons that seem to be oblivious to the idea of changing gear to get up the dip; instead they put their foot down to increase their speed before it so they don’t have to move their lazy feet and hands too much in the process of driving.

My parents have lived on there for nearly 30 years and I know of 4 children in that time killed crossing the road. Problem is that apparently road humps can’t be put on it because it’s an ambulance route?!

That road is really bad. People fly down it at ridiculous speeds (not that I’m accusing this driver of that). That coupled with the morons that seem to be oblivious to the idea of changing gear to get up the dip; instead they put their foot down to increase their speed before it so they don’t have to move their lazy feet and hands too much in the process of driving.

My parents have lived on there for nearly 30 years and I know of 4 children in that time killed crossing the road. Problem is that apparently road humps can’t be put on it because it’s an ambulance route?!

It is a bad road for crossing hence the speed camera van being there quite often. To say everyone speeds up & down though is quite wrong. It's just a minority of speed merchants. I feel it can only be those that have no mechanical sympathy for their vehicle as that road surface is shocking!!

Oh dear, i thought it must have been very serious as the rd closed off and a lot of police presence, my thoughts go out to all involved xx

I was there but did not see the accident! I heard the screech then a loud bang.At first i thought it was a car crashing into another until about 5secs later when i heard the screams of a young girl.It turns out a lad (about 20 year old) Had stepped out into the path of the car.He was laid in front of the car having a fit, with his arms and body twitching.The ambulance arrived pretty sharpish and laid him on a spinal board, whilst the police blocked the road. Apparently the lad is stable!

The worse thing they ever did was remove the bridge that used to link the top of the park to the top of the road..Removing that bridge has caused the dip, traffic lights could have stopped the traffic on the bridge and people coming out of the park would have seen the oncoming traffic from the park so would not get caught out.

The worse thing they ever did was remove the bridge that used to link the top of the park to the top of the road..Removing that bridge has caused the dip, traffic lights could have stopped the traffic on the bridge and people coming out of the park would have seen the oncoming traffic from the park so would not get caught out.
You've lost me there.

What bridge?

I've used that road since 1962 and never seen a bridge.

I hope the lad is alright.