Women drivers targeted at traffic lights

My colleague was one of the victims - we were really surprised that they caught them. Good on the police :)

Originally posted by Tony

Don't ever worry about the Fire Brigade getting into your car in an accident.

They will be only too happy to break the glass / rip the door off / tear the roof open....

... and they won't ask for the keys ;)

Does that mean you've been there, done that and got the T-shirt to prove it?

A way of beating the thieving little so-and-so's is to have a clear security film fitted to the inside of the windows Tintsaway.co.uk do it. even if the glass breaks it will give you a lot of time to get out of the way / phone police. & hopefully they WILL break there hand while attempting to break in!

Why should Women be driving in the first place?

<<<<<< this must have a chance :hihi:

Originally posted by viking

Why should Women be driving in the first place?

<<<<<< this must have a chance :hihi:

BUMP. c'mon ladies. Am waiting to get in the bath here. :hihi:

Handbags - why? Just another target for theives and another chain to bind us to sexist attitudes?

This method of attack was also prevalent on Prince of Wales Road some years back - new generations same old tricks!! The same applies to sexism methinks.

My car has a clever feature that automatically locks the doors once you get to 10mph, means I don't even have to think about it. Maybe something manufacturers should make standard.

I agree that young age should not be used as an excuse to get away with any crime. It gets me every time when they say that someone can't be named because of their age. Just because they can no longer be given a good hiding by their parents shouldn't mean that others shouldn't know about it. Why should everyone have to hide THEIR belongings...the point is it IS theirs and not there for some other toe rag to nick.....:rant:

what would happen do you think if you grabbed their arm when they leaned in to get your bag and then proceed to floor it on the accelerator.

that would serve the little bast***s right

oops sorry we must protect their human rights so you would probably get arrested for dangerous driving.

would be fun though

They have a clever little device in south africa where this type of crime is at epidemic levels, you have a switch on the dash that fires a propane BURNER mounted below the front doors! They dont try it a second time! Should be standard fit on most cars if you ask me.

Originally posted by markg

My car has a clever feature that automatically locks the doors once you get to 10mph, means I don't even have to think about it. Maybe something manufacturers should make standard.

So that when you're not moving the thieves can get in, but when you're doing 70 mph down the motorway the doors are locked? :loopy:

Am I missing the point - wouldn't it be better if the doors unlocked when you get to 10mph? :confused:

The systems were first introduced on mercedes & bmw, a to stop thieves but allso to eliminate the need for child locks on all doors. Nut why would you want to get out of the car at 70 mph on the motor way?