Bus Meeting about the 17 and 66 routes

Yes the 78 will be taken over by Stagecoach ( source TSY website)

First SY have released details of its timetable/journeys on its website.

The PTE have yet to publish timetable details as it was I understand still in talks with bus operators over these cut backs and how it affects the PTE funded services .

As an example lets say the new First commercial timetable now finishes at 7pm instead of 8pm yet PTE journeys do not start until 9pm this would leave a 2 hour gap in service.

The First 66 & 77 will be operated by the Rotherham depot

The First 17 will move from Rotherham depot to Sheffield depot.

Ive sent an article about these services ,and my concerns about the longer 17 route, to The Star ,hope it my be in the next few days.

Ive sent an article about these services ,and my concerns about the longer 17 route, to The Star ,hope it my be in the next few days.

TRANSPORT MEETING

FOXHILL FORUM WOLFE RD TUES OCT 5TH 6.15P.M

with local councillors and representatives from First and Stagecoach.

The meeting will discuss the recent changes to 17 66 and 77 routes.

TRANSPORT MEETING

FOXHILL FORUM WOLFE RD TUES OCT 5TH 6.15P.M

with local councillors and representatives from First and Stagecoach.

The meeting will discuss the recent changes to 17 66 and 77 routes.

I have made the mistake on getting on the nbr 17 from town to MHall. Worst mistake I could have made! I thought it would be a short journey to MHall like the nbr 78's are. This bus definately did go around the houses & 1hour later I arrived at my destination. By that time my bum had gone that numb because of the long journey, I just wanted to go home.

They need to make this journey from town to Mhall a lot shorter.

I have made the mistake on getting on the nbr 17 from town to MHall. Worst mistake I could have made! I thought it would be a short journey to MHall like the nbr 78's are. This bus definately did go around the houses & 1hour later I arrived at my destination. By that time my bum had gone that numb because of the long journey, I just wanted to go home.

Thats the problems with lots of routes ,they are too long.

Lets hope the rumours of routes being shorter in future are correct.

They need to make it shorter? Try again - you need to check out a timetable.

The 17 is not a bus to Meadowhall as such, it is a service ending in Meadowhall to serve local estates on route. Make it fast to Meadowhall and er, wouldn't it then miss all of the places it serves on the way?

Perhaps the simple answer is simply to use the fast services there such as the X78 or tram.

And before someone comes up with a gem like, "don't display Meadowhall on the front then", they have to under law.

Oh and one further trick, why not ask the driver? It seems to have become a massive change since my days but no-one asks for the correct fare anymore, nor do they seem bound to ask for assstance.

Thats the problems with lots of routes ,they are too long.

Lets hope the rumours of routes being shorter in future are correct.

No such rumour. Routes are SFAIK not 'long', they just serve communities along the way. One or two are longer than say 20 years ago, but the main delay is the traffic.

And isn't this the same forum that routinely lambasts a certain operator for shorterning routes that went cross-city for making people pay twice and adding to congestion?

Shorter routes aren't actually what you mean, you mean more direct which again though gets the argument going about leaving roads unserved, however unsuitable they are for buses.

As for shorter routes, i refer back to my previous post.

Some changes from November 1st.

Stagecoach 78 is to serve Foxhill road and Wilcox road areas and New Stagecoach 79 Is to start from Ecclesfield to City (route as First 53) then to Jordanthorpe

Some changes from November 1st.

Stagecoach 78 is to serve Foxhill road and Wilcox road areas and New Stagecoach 79 Is to start from Ecclesfield to City (route as First 53) then to Jordanthorpe

Thats great news .

Is this official because I was only speaking to Paul Lynch on Thurs and I thought he was interested BUT NOT THIS INTERESTED.Hes sending 2 members of staff to our meeting .Ibet its to announce this.

Thank you so much for telling us that.

In response to the shortening of journeys if you look at the bus vision ,they seem to be going back to the more direct journeys.

Which is the best answer to all the current probs .

Hey good news about a new bus route. But the last thing we need is two bus companies running Fox Hill, because then the problem with which weekly saver to get becomes an issue. Before you say it I know that you buy a travel master to travel on any company, but at a much more expense.

What we need is one company running all buses up here, so as to avoid extra costs.

Unfair that a ticket to travel on any bus company is such a rip-off, when de-regulation was annouced they said one ticket would travel on all. Just another one of the MANY LIES we're told daily.

Sorry for negative response.

Hey good news about a new bus route. But the last thing we need is two bus companies running Fox Hill, because then the problem with which weekly saver to get becomes an issue. Before you say it I know that you buy a travel master to travel on any company, but at a much more expense.

What we need is one company running all buses up here, so as to avoid extra costs.

Unfair that a ticket to travel on any bus company is such a rip-off, when de-regulation was annouced they said one ticket would travel on all. Just another one of the MANY LIES we're told daily.

Sorry for negative response.

I still think its great news , at least there will be an alternative service ,and not just relying on the one bus turning up.Also dont forget Stagecoach is much cheaper than First .Competition is good.Plus hope it stops people standing in the aisles due to being so full.

Edited by shaash