Wanting my hair stripped

Hey Forum

Im wanting my hair stripped... wondered if there are any hair dressers here that would be able to give me advice.

How much is it going to cost me?

Where is the best place to go?

How long do i have to leave it after its been stripped before i can dye it my prefered colour?

Thanks xxxx

Cost me about £55 8 or so years ago - not cheap! That was at Capelli's Hunters Bar... Ring round and get a few quotes from hairdressers with good reputations! I was told I could dye mine as soon as it started to feel a bit greasy again - which was about 3 days later...

I will do it for a tenner.....some dulux and a paintbrush :hihi:

Would suggest that you go to Rocky Horrors and speak to Kim - she stocks the stuff to strip out the existing colour and can tell you how to do it yourself.

I have seen her strip out the colour and then re dye to the chosen colour in less than a couple of hours...

Go and see Elton at Betty Tigers on Infirmary Road, he works with alternative hair styles and is an expert in colouring. He'll strip out your colour and redye it to whatever you want for about £20.

To be honest i wouldnt reccomend it. I had mine stripped last week and i have cried for 3 days. Ive gone from having lovely shiny, healthy hair that everyone used to comment on, to straw like hair with no shine. I hate it!!!!!!!!! My hair was my pride and joy so please think really long and hard before you have it done xx

I went for my hair stripping, had a dark red on it but I wanted it back to my natural colour. The hairdresser said I would ruin my hair if I had it stripped so instead I had some blonde streaks put in it with a semi-permanent dye ontop, I had this done a few times and eventually my red hair dye disappeared, Im now round a bout my natural hair colour and my hair still looks healthy :)

I am thinking about bleaching my hair back to blonde while its still short. Its dyed dark red at the moment, I have bleached it numerous times in the past, but I haven't bleached it for over a year. I think the bleached ends have all been cut off now. The longest bit of my hair is 20cms.

I always bleach my hair myself. It goes yellow/orange after one application of bleach. Then I use a light brown semi-permenant colour over the top so it looks more normal.

Edited by EmilyM