Curious - How and When did you all find out you were expecting??

Hi All,

Just curious to how and when you all found out you were expecting? Any weird situations lol just been talking to a friend about both of ours and it got me thinking, she found out in her work's toilets lol

Im currently 18 weeks with my first. I was on the pill when I fell pregnant and found out the day after boxing day. I bought a test about a week before as I started feeling a sick and had a strange metal taste in my mouth (which I understadn is related to early pregnancy) and my period was 1 day late (im usually regular since going on the pill). Anyway, I was going to save the test untill the morning (strongest wee of the day and all that lol) but then decided id do the test on the break on Billy Elliot at 11:55 pm lol as I fancied a glass of wine and didn't want to risk any more alcohol in case I was expecting.

Anyway I did the test and it was clearly positive after about 10 minutes of shock with my OH we got really excited (afterall there is never a right time to have a baby is there) and started to ring all our family and friends, we then had it officially confirmed by the Midwife in January.

xx

With my first I found out after my period was a week late. I had just got my first teaching job the week before and was getting married 3 weeks later (I was soo ill!). I'm sure you can gather that he wasn't planned!! Here he is though nearly 3 and I wouldn't change a thing. When I told my now Husband he was hoovering the lounge, he just stopped looked at me said "oh s**t" and carried on!!

With dd who is nearly 6 months we were trying so I was testing anyway and it wasn't as much of a surprise.

Congratulations by the way and good luck x

Edited by Corbyn

With my first pregnancy (which unfortunately resulted in a miscarriage quite quickly) I was in Meadowhall and just didn't feel right so bought a test from Superdrug and went into the toilets in the Oasis and did the test there and it was positive!

Only 2 months later I just felt the same way and 2 days before my period was due I did another test and this was positive. I sat on the bathroom floor with the positive result and shouted for my husband to come through and just showed him the result stick! I'm due with this baby in 7 days.

i found out at in the works toilets on a monday morning before i was due to take interviews for my assistant at work!

me and my boyfriend were out drinking the saturday night before i found out and i was bought a drink and i couldn't drink it and one of my boyfriends friends said your pregnant but we just laughed it off. I told my mum what he had said on the sunday and she said well i think your pregnant i have thought for a couple of weeks again i just laughed it off and said right i am going to buy a test to prove you wrong.

So i did and in the work toilets on the monday morning the stick came back PREGNANT. I couldn't believe it, i am due to give birth in the next 2weeks!

Corbyn - lol *he just stopped looked at me said "oh s**t" and carried on!!* thats a typical man thing isnt it ha-ha that really made me laugh.

Fooman - God, finding out in Meadowhall toilets! Now that it a strange one, that would stop any girl shopping lol.

and bladette isn't it strange how mums know these things!!!! My mum also said she had been thinking it for the two weeks before I told her. :-)

x

My experience was similar to Bladette. I found out on Monday 5 August 2007 in the work loo! I too had been out on Saturday but I could drink :S (something I was worrying about) but I was due on, on that monday and I remembered I'd had no bloating or PMT etc and went to Wicker Chemist for a test. I sent a pic message to my husband of the test! :hihi:

my bfs reaction was have you told your mum she was right and then he didnt want to talk about it for days lol, now i can't shut him up :hihi:

my bfs reaction was have you told your mum she was right and then he didnt want to talk about it for days lol, now i can't shut him up :hihi:

ha ha :)

I'm all broody now :)

ooooo sorry lauren, i apologise to yoru partner in advance haha

ooooo sorry lauren, i apologise to yoru partner in advance haha

Oh no its not just you....his sister is having her baby tomorrow (c-section) so I am all baby goo goo at the moment....when I find out the sex tomorrow afternoon I am hitting the shops! :love:

I did my test at home and it came back positive straight away. Nothing exciting for me :hihi: She's 12wks old on Thursday :love: