The Big Brother 6 megathread

Who do you think will be this years Winner!?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will be this years Winner!?

• Anthony to win
    • Eugene to win
    • Makosi to win
    • Kinga to win

Guest rosie

Why bother promoting Big Brother only to have the live feed cut at the intresting places.

Originally posted by rosie

Why bother promoting Big Brother only to have the live feed cut at the intresting places.

This is SO irritating! :rant:

I can understand Big Brother cutting the live feed from time to time during the day, but after 9-10 at night?

It's so frustrating when an intelligent, thoughtful conversation has finally got going between the housemates, (it HAS been known to happen on occasion!) and suddenly the feed switches to an inane chat about carrots or peas in the kitchen.

It's like an alarm buzzer goes off in the Control Room - "Red Alert, Red Alert, intelekshual /sofishticated chat on Camera 2 - Destroy!" Can't have any finking on Big Brother! :D

Perhaps I'm totally deluded, but one of the things I always hope to enjoy on BB are decent conversations. They have people on there from such varied backgrounds, to get their differing opinions would be fascinating, it seems to me. A bit like on the Forum, I guess.

But the producers won't let it happen. Perhaps they think the average BB viewer wouldn't be able to follow an adult conversation? It's a real shame :(

StarSparkle

Guest rosie

This was not a discussion as such and I can sort of understand why, but in other countries they allow it to be shown and in the early hours only adults should be up anyway. Lesley was involved by the way.

It makes me wonder just what else we dont see.

I can see from todays fun that Maxwell is going to be so good for the house.

What have I done?

I've just paid 14.99 for on-demand video clips of the Big Brother house. Am I really that sad?

Actually my interest was aroused by this little snippet:

"Day 11 in the Big Brother house. A gossip drought in the kitchen was quickly resolved when Vanessa and Craig turned to Anthony for inspiration. Apparently he may not be all that he seems."

Aaah Craig :love:

Or maybe thats the gin?

Originally posted by StarSparkle

This is SO irritating! :rant:

I can understand Big Brother cutting the live feed from time to time during the day, but after 9-10 at night?

I believe this is to protect the privacy of people not involved with Big Brother. Annoying i know, but would you be happy if one of the housemates was talking about you live on TV?

-BB Addict PK-

NOOOOOOO!!!! Don't cut out now!!! Science was about to tell us what goes into sliced ham and chicken that you get from the supermarket, and how, if at all, it's different from dogfood. (He used to work at a meat packing place in the Chappy T. ghetto)

I NEED to know this!! Was about to make myself a cheese and ham toastie. Off to google the fineties of the cold meat industry.... I have too much time on my hands. :hangs head:

-BB Addict PK-

Or they cut the live feed when in danger of upsetting a sponsor (such as Bernard Mathews perhaps?)

I think that the housmenates using names/companys is the mian reason for it.

As for the swearing why dont they put a parental block on it where we can input our Sky pin number and therefore access uninterrupted viewing!!

Guest rosie

At last a proper task.

Dr Big asked a housemate to come to the diary room, Roberto went and became Matron he picked three nurses, Vanessa, Saskia and Science.

When the ambulance siren sounds one of the other housemates who are now patients, must go to the diary room within 1 minute and the matron and nurses will do first aid on them.

The siren can go at any time day or night and uniforms must be worn.

At least it will keep them on their toes and not bitching all the time.

Fun and games at last.

Originally posted by GimmeSomePK

I believe this is to protect the privacy of people not involved with Big Brother. Annoying i know, but would you be happy if one of the housemates was talking about you live on TV?

-BB Addict PK-

Of course it's right that BB protects the privacy of people not taking part in Big Brother from being gossiped about, defamed, slandered, etc. I have absolutely no problems at all with them doing this - I would be shocked if they didn't.

HOWEVER - I simply don't believe this is the case most of the time when BB cuts the live feed, and I think BB just uses people's privacy as a cover-all to get away with it. They quite clearly save a lot of the 'juicier' or most interesting chat for the nightly Channel 4 compilation programme. If you want to know what was being said, you've got to tune in to Channel 4, and bump their ratings up.

I've also noticed that BB often cuts the live feed when a conversation looks like it's heading for 'controversial' territory, often in the realm of politics or social issues. If an intelligent conversation is going on regarding that type of subject, it often seems to get cut just as it's getting really interesting, as if the producers don't want their audience to be stimulated into 'Thinking'.

THAT is what frustrates me.

StarSparkle