Anyone fancy meeting up and meeting new people?

I moved to Sheffield after graduating from uni for work/boyfriend and am finding it hard to meet people. Is there anyone else out there in a similar situation or who would like to meet new people who would fancy meeting up? I was thinking drinks, tea and cake, dinner, walks, anything really.

I'm a 28 year old female who works at the Hallamshire hospital. I'm mainly into the alternative scene (i.e. no cheesy night clubs or RnB!) and I'm into a wide variety of things such as dancing, yoga, knitting, walking, clubbing, baking etc etc.

If anyone fancies meeting then reply and we can arrange somewhere for an initial meet up.

Beth

ive got a meet coming up.

i dont live in sheff so i wont be much of a friend lol, but everybody else who turns up will be

Hey that sounds cool, but I don't do groups... do you fancy meeting sometime for dinner? I live a stones throw away from the Hallamshire. I'm a 22 year old female medical student, also into a variety of eclectic stuff!

Melthebel - what happens at a meet? Is it an easy thing for a newcomer to integrate? I am free on 9th april so could pop in (only briefly mind you as i'm up early the next day!)

Dr One - Dinner or coffee would be good. I don't work mondays so free all then if you're not in uni or most nights. What times suit you best?

Melthebel - what happens at a meet? Is it an easy thing for a newcomer to integrate? I am free on 9th april so could pop in (only briefly mind you as i'm up early the next day!)

Dr One - Dinner or coffee would be good. I don't work mondays so free all then if you're not in uni or most nights. What times suit you best?

well ive only been to one before, it was in the red deer, i met a few people outside before it opened (which made it easier) lol

we just sat round in a large group and chatted, found out each others forum names, talked about stuff, talked about the forum etc

had a few drinks, did the pub quiz lol

everybody was friendly and we all got on.

well on my meet before never mind newcomers there was quite a few lurkers that didnt even use the forum lol, so they wernt known at all, i think quite a few of us were first timers too

Hi Bread, I'm moving to Sheffield for work reasons in three weeks. I would very much like to meet new ppl.

I am a 27 year old social worker, with a variety of interests.

Bread - I'm cool with most evenings and weekends, but am on placement for most of the week, so evenings would be best!

Hello,

I'm up for meeting new people! I'm a 19 year old student at Sheffield Hallam Uni. I'm originally from Sheffield as well! I'm into football, going out, the cinema, ice hockey and game to try new things or join new clubs and societies!

Anyone interested, drop us a PM!

Cheers!

I'm up for meeting new people too!

Oh, and Beth - have you found the knitting group on the forum? We have a meet once a month...

well ive only been to one before, it was in the red deer, i met a few people outside before it opened (which made it easier) lol

we just sat round in a large group and chatted, found out each others forum names, talked about stuff, talked about the forum etc

had a few drinks, did the pub quiz lol

everybody was friendly and we all got on.

well on my meet before never mind newcomers there was quite a few lurkers that didnt even use the forum lol, so they wernt known at all, i think quite a few of us were first timers too

That was only my second ever forum meet.....the start of a very long, very slippery slope :D

I think I'll give the meet a go. I'll look at the knitting group too. I've only been knitting for about a month though so no-one's allowed to laugh at my shoddy workmanship!

Is anyone else up for the meet on 9th April?

Dr One, I'm pretty hectic this week and for the next few weekends. Could do week beginning 12th april in the evenings. When suits you?