Park Hill Cladding

I couldn't find anything on this topic using the search facility. Quite surprised as it's quite a big thing for Sheffield. Many people will have noticed the new cladding taking form. What do people think of it?

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/47202000/jpg/_47202924_panels_far.jpg

Its expensive if related to newer products and far less efficient and less durable to boot.

What in hells teeth were they thinking?

That's the problem.

It's in an area that has a bad reputation, there aren't many local amenities around and the walk into town takes you through some pretty grim areas.

In addition, it still looks like its come fresh out of a horses rectum.

i have to disagree I fail to see how walking through the train station is walking through a grim area of town..

i have to disagree I fail to see how walking through the train station is walking through a grim area of town..

Totally agree with you - the walk into town from the train station is def not grim, esp when you consider what it was like around that area before the work they done.

come admit it everyone I saw it the other day from commercial street and the colours orange and lemon dont convincingly spring to mind as looking natural to an already ugly building .

To sum it up it looks cack!

(Oh, and Sheffield men are officially the most romantic in the world :love:, because some kid decided to use Park Hill to propose.

http://www.mejuba.com/member/files/21/e7afa43b-6147-483e-9edf-6143a89ac5d4.JPG

I hope she said yes, it looks a rather big climb.)

A couple of years before the redevelopment, I was walking back home from town, after a night out, and passed a couple "at it" in the shadow of Park Hill - her sat on a low wall, him standing; in clear view of all passers-by coming up across the bridge from Ponds Forge. "Very romantic", I remember thinking at the time. I wonder where they are now?

A couple of years before the redevelopment, I was walking back home from town, after a night out, and passed a couple "at it" in the shadow of Park Hill - her sat on a low wall, him standing; in clear view of all passers-by coming up across the bridge from Ponds Forge. "Very romantic", I remember thinking at the time. I wonder where they are now?

God bless their mucky little souls :love:

So are they just developing the one bit of Park Hill then? Not all of the blocks?

come admit it everyone I saw it the other day from commercial street and the colours orange and lemon dont convincingly spring to mind as looking natural to an already ugly building .

To sum it up it looks cack!

so what "natural" colours would you prefer grey? black? I think it brightens up a very dull city

I don't mean the station and onwards towards town, I was referring to the path down to the station that is secluded and mostly populated by crack addicts.

I don't mean the station and onwards towards town, I was referring to the path down to the station that is secluded and mostly populated by crack addicts.

I have been walking to and from work that way for the past month, and I am yet to see ONE crack addict.

Keep sweeping that generalisation...

it's an open path that's well lit and covered by various CCTV cameras it's also a busy area so I don't see the issue

Couldn't they do it a bit brighter?????

It's awful. Looks like something out of Noddyland.