Fridge has broken on my hotpoint fridgefreezer, can anyone help??

My fridge has broke today on my fridgefreezer, nothing is getting cold. Does anyone know how i could mend it or know anyone that could fix it CHEAPLY? If anyone could help then please get in touch asap!!! Thanks

A1 Domestic on Halifax Rd are very experienced with fridges, could be thermostat, but if anything else it will probably be uneconomical to repair. It also depends whether it's a single motor (compressor) or twin motor type. Whoever you ring, give the make, model name and age.

Probably the thermostat,a common fault apparently as I found out a couple of months ago.Try Bartyspares.com cost £6.20 delivered then 10 minutes with a screwdriver and job done!

Is it a frost free, it could just need the gas filling up.

Does anyone have a number for A1 Domestic Repair? Can't seem to find the mwhen I do a search on Halifax Road!

Cheers

Hi,

I've been in the refrigeration industry for the last ten years and it is possible that it's the stat or even the compressor (you'll know it's the compressor if it feels really hot to touch or there are any strange noises coming from it) Try the following people and I'm sure they can help

Lane top domestics, Shefield lane top opposite the Netto

Eastwood domestics, Rotherham

If it's not the stat the cheapest thing for you to do is buy a new one altogether, the compressor will cost more to repair than buying a new fridge.

Regards

Lynsey

had the same problem with a friends hotpoint frost free fridge freezer hers stopped getting cold and it sounded like running water inside , she had hotpoint out and it turned out that there is a filter in the gas line and this got blocked so he had to replace the filter which ment braking the gas hose so it then needed refilling

I have Servis Upright Fridge/Freezer, 24 months old sat doing nothing in my garage. Changed for a smaller freezer. Yours for £50. If you are interested the please PM me for details.

I had same problem. Try a total defrost 1st to make sure its not ice in the cooling ducts.

They work by blowing cold air from the freezer compartment up a duct at the back.

my fridge freezer is just completely dead - no noise coming from it at all!

tried the fuse, but that doesnt seem to have made a difference. right pain in the bum, as i have just come home with a load of shopping!

any bright ideas?