Outdoor cat shelter

We've got 2 kittens (8 months and 6 months) that will soon be going outdoors together, and I want them to have some kind of outdoor shelter for when we're out of the house and they have gone off on their adventures. I wondered if anyone had bought one of these or these? I like the katkabin but it is pricey and I'm not sure if 2 cats will fit in one. Unfortunately cat flaps aren't an option. Any alternative suggestions are appreciated too!

Edited by Rooty

I provided my cats with a couple of small kennel type things made of wood and fitted with carpet inside, one kindly donated by a forum member and the other made from an old cupboard with a hole cut out in the side, my lot love them.

I made one for my cat out of an old red recycling box. I glued the lid on and cut a hole in it then lined the inside with polystyrene and the outside with carpet.

I then glued a strip of carpet over the top of the hole so it hangs over the hole so the cat can go in and out.

Its been in the garden for two years now and he loves it, its warm in winter and every morning when I open the back door and hes stayed out all night he pops his head out of the box then back in for another couple of hours sleep.

We bought an ordinary kennel for our cat from Tinsley sheds and it was very sturdy. We left some food in each time we went out just in case Jacob came back,but of course we monitored it so that it wasn't going to foxes, by not leaving it at night. When we no longer had a garden we garden we gave the kennel to our friend's dog and it still is in good condition. So they last ages if you treat the wood.

If I had one of them in my garden it would probably end up with every other cat in it except mine and covered in cat pee as a result :(

Once, when we were semi-fostering an outdoor cat, somebody brought us a big polystyrene box with lid, which apparently came from a shop that sold aquariums!

We cut a hole in the side, popped in a blanket, and covered the whole thing with one of those cheap, bright blue, waterproof sheets, and tucked it into a sheltered spot in the garden.

The polystyrene kept the kitty lovely and warm, because it's such a good insulator.

Thanks for suggestions, think my other half is going to make a simple one as I think it will be a bit of a squeeze in the commercial ones for 2 cats (even if they do love to snuggle) and we can't afford 2 KatKabins.