ANOTHER power surge S5

The posters wondering why car alarms where sounding after power cut, If streets were in darkness, could the alarms be caused by unsavoury characters taking advantage of the situation and trying to pinch cars?:(

:hihi:probably in shiregreen, lol just kidding

im in stocksbridge and for the past 3 times my lights have been flicking in every room like they do when there about to blow, my bedroom light blew earlier but nothing else. Its just strange how they have been flicking for past few days. someone mentioned on facebook tht it happened in there house n they saw someting strange in the sky, cant remeber exactly what it said bt something about lights in sky n a crossfire or something. anyway its all very strange!!!

:hihi:...........

not laffin at your post chipmonk

Edited by strewf

The posters wondering why car alarms where sounding after power cut, If streets were in darkness, could the alarms be caused by unsavoury characters taking advantage of the situation and trying to pinch cars?:(

I assume that is a joke?

The power on my road was only off for a few seconds, so they would have to have been very well prepared thieves! No, the alarms all went off at exactly the same time as the power went off, that was why I found it strange. I guess it was just one of those things

Why not buy an antisurge adaptor to protect your delicate electronic

equipment,they are about a Fiver. Well worth it if you have computers or games equpment that cost several hundred pounds.

I assume that is a joke?

The power on my road was only off for a few seconds, so they would have to have been very well prepared thieves! No, the alarms all went off at exactly the same time as the power went off, that was why I found it strange. I guess it was just one of those things

no nerd, not a joke, i didnt know they all started sounding immediately.:suspect:

just overheard a kid telling someone electric box on bellhouse rd was set on fire and fire brigade just putting it out so we will have no power for a while if it is true. not all power out further up road from me is all lit up

mindless vandalism :hihi:

Oh so that is what happened yesterday! Wincobank was affected too....we thought it was a little moron switching the electricity off outside! No faith in these youngsters (but it has happened before!)

well for some reason next doors has gona off again about 4pm, unsure why, but mine still on today and heard a few of shops gone out too

I assume that is a joke?

More than likeley is if the distruption was caused by a blow out of electricity it could have sent some sort of shockwave out that triggered the alarms especially if it was under ground.