ANOTHER power surge S5

This has got to be the 5th one in 3 months everything flickered on and off.

Its just getting a bit stupid we have things that could break and we've thought have broke after a surge.

Is anyone else had any of these surges???

I know this might sound odd, but did something weird just happen in the firthpark/firvale/longley area?

A few minutes ago all my power went off for a few seconds, which wouldn't be so weird except loads of car alarms suddenly started going off at the same time. Which seems a bit weird. Did anyone else notice this or was it just a bizarre coincidnece?

HERE! Not just me going daft then thankfully! The lights flickered, but my cooker didnt go off nor did my TV hence everyone calling me stupid! Thank you love, I didnt just imagine it! :lol:

See fallenangel6's thread. ANOTHER power cut/surge! And no, its not just you nerd :)

I think fallenangel6 must have been writing as the same time as me - after waiting for our computers to load back up!

Ha! The joys of a fully charged laptop ;) Shiregreen = caralarms going off everywhere! And house alarms. Strange. My cooker and tv didnt go off though, just my lights :confused: Thought i'd tripped the switch at first!

My laptop stayed on but these sort of surges can destroy TVs, Computers, Xbox's, Playstations absolutely anything...its ok but its happened before, next time it COULD break something.

all electric gone now on shiregreen. There's lots of sirens and a nasty burning smell are they connected any one know

Myne went off EVERYTHING x box nakered thanks a feckin lot whoever is incharge off this stuuuupid electric.

Yeah, thats what I found weird. House alarms I can see why, they are on mains power, but why would it make car alarms go off??? All my power went off, but only for a few seconds if that. I was surprised it all came back on because some of my trips are a bit jumpy and I normally have to go and reset them.

Where are you kimba does any one know how far it stretches?

just overheard a kid telling someone electric box on bellhouse rd was set on fire and fire brigade just putting it out so we will have no power for a while if it is true. not all power out further up road from me is all lit up