Can a song make you cry?

Following on from the 'power ballad' question I suppose:

I once wept openly to 'Total Eclipse of The Heart'... (I've sobered up since then).

Just wondered if there was a song that makes you cry and why? (other than drunkeness of course).

Loadsa songs can depending on my mood but a usual guarenteed one is good riddance (time of your life) - greenday

I have a few songs that can make me cry.Ither it was played at a moment that was sad or happy or just a memorie,But yes i belive songs can make you cry when you hear it and remember things.

Every rose has it thorn - Poison

brothers in arms - Dire straits

crazy for you - Maddonna

Few of the Corrs songs and few others that remind me of events in my life.

The Johnny Cash version of NiN's 'Hurt'.

I was in Borders book shop in Leeds about a year ago and they played it. I had to retreat to a quiet corner (Oracle RDBMS books, basement) and have my cry there.

So yes, it can, and does! :)

It's not the song rather the associations I attach to the song which have an affect on me and the way I see it, the choice is mine whether I want to allow the song to have that affect.

"I can't live, if living is without you" by Neilson, always does it for me. Kinda reminds me of a friend who died in a car crash years ago, which is probably why.

Theres a song that makes me cry each time - it reminds me of my last girlfriend. It's from a classic film too. . . . 'Ding, Dong the witch is dead, the witch is dead, the wicked witch is dead'.

Lots and lots of songs make me cry. I have a break up song for the end of every relationship and even listening to that song 5 years after can make me bawl.

Then again...I've been known to cry at neighbours so it's nothing special to cry during songs :rolleyes:

Sic cos I'm a blokey bloke - you know - we do not cry and all that rot.

There are quite a few songs that make me cry these days. Hero has to be one of those that touch my heart, but - stupid as it may sound - quite a few linkin park songs cos they are so close to the bone.

Now I sound like a girl. LOL

Dragon

yes it can esp when its mcfly or busted, they drive me to tears all the time???:heyhey: :heyhey:

yes, again if you are in a tender mood then a lot of songs make you cry.

Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley always makes me cry

everytime you go away - paul young

:) but i dont feel like bawling today thankyou!