Equipment Recommendations

Wow, that's a bargain. I really like the design and the features on this one.

It's cracking value, it works great too as you shall see next Monday when i blind you with it in order to steal your pint. :D

Got one of these which is really useful and expandable

As for the rucksack (I seem to be collecting them at the moment), I am looking for something a little more spacious than a daysack, but not as hefty as a bergen. The rucksack has to be sufficient enough to carry all my wild camping stuff, as well as having easy access and great support. Ideas?

This is the pack I use for overnighters. You need to have a small tent and have to pack light and small but if you have the right kit it works really well. I find it very comfortable to wear, easy to access and the air gap at the back keeps you cool.

http://www.lowealpine.com/eng/prod_app_det.php?catid=11&itemid=324&type=man

My favourite piece if kit though is a homemade silk sleeping bag liner. Adds half a season to my sleeping bag in terms of warmth and completely negates the need for one in high summer. Plus it keeps the bag clean, is easy to wash and at the risk of sounding seriously un-manly feels good on the skin:hihi:, Ah the luxury!:D. All that for a £5 off-cut from an old bolt of silk.

Edited by Stephen99
typo

The stove below was recommended to me yesterday:

http://www.roughgear.co.uk/Product.aspx?product=139

Small, compact and pretty good value.

These are good but best get a foot to go with it I think as I find them a bit unstable when balancing a pot on them. If I had my time again, I'd probably go for one of these. (good website by the way)

http://www.roughgear.co.uk/Product.aspx?product=140

Most of my gear is old or cheap stuff off Ebay or from CCC. My rucksack is nearly 20yrs old (70l Karrimor) and seems to work fine for all kinds of adventures. I spent a bit on boots though - some Skarpa ones for about £100. They're great!

Most of my gear is old or cheap stuff off Ebay or from CCC. My rucksack is nearly 20yrs old (70l Karrimor) and seems to work fine for all kinds of adventures. I spent a bit on boots though - some Skarpa ones for about £100. They're great!

As long as your happy with it,thats what counts matey :D

As long as your happy with it,thats what counts matey :D

Exactly. Buy the equipment that suits you. Recommendations are good, but equipment varies and what might be good and practical for me, it might not be for someone else. Although, I like the idea of an open forum to discuss stuff like this. It helps a lot, especially when you need a pointer.

Just taking this thread a litttle further,which 1 man tent would you recommend and why?

The reason for asking is i have just purchased one, i know nowt about them,so now i need your thoughts.

Does anyone know of a way to stop laces coming undone?? This is more for running than walking, but having to stop and tie them all the time is a pain!