Equipment Recommendations

I thought I would create a thread where we can discuss and compare walking related equipment. I know there has been a few threads relating to equipment, but I thought it would be great to have a one-stop place to ask about, review and get recommendations.

So, please feel free to add anything equipment related on here.

I guess I will start. I am after a new headtorch and rucksack.

The headtorch, I am looking to buy something within the £20 area, which is not too bulky and has a decent range on it. Any ideas?

As for the rucksack (I seem to be collecting them at the moment), I am looking for something a little more spacious than a daysack, but not as hefty as a bergen. The rucksack has to be sufficient enough to carry all my wild camping stuff, as well as having easy access and great support. Ideas?

I will start as ive always wanted to know the best cooker to carry in your backpack?.

I carry a Trangia 27,great bit of kit,but i find it a little bulky to carry.

Also. i choose to use a 58 pattern sleeping bag,again nice bit of kit ,but again bulky.

As you know,i use a 30ltr back pack for day walking,but i do use an army issued burgen for my wild adventures,again bulky.

I guess i like bulky kit:hihi:

Decathlon do a good 40 ltr rucksack with padding to allow air to flow, always hate back sweating even in summer, think it's thier own brand, I've bought one for Snowdon this weekend, so will post the results when I get back.

Also has a built in waterproof cover which can be quickly put on, the other good thing with it, has a easy access to main contents via front zip. Price 39 quid

With regards to a head tourch, i have one of those led ones with 3 settings bought in error off ebay.

Why in error you ask ??? buy it now price 1p Bargain ...what i didnt see was the £13.00 p&p from Hong Kong, it was a while ago though.:hihi::hihi::hihi:

For rucksacks best advice is to try as many as possible, go outdoors have a good selection and have metal weights and sand bags you can load them with to see how they feel loaded up.

Myself i use a 35lt for wildcamping and find it easily big enough, i do have some very expensive gear though that is very lightweight and compact, 35lt may be nowhere big enough for some though, all depends on your kit.

Hi,

if anyone is stuck for a larger backpack to use on a weekend or a weeks holiday, I am willing to lend them my jaguar 60 ltr with sa back system. The only time I ues it now is when I use the train to go up to Scotland.

I will start as ive always wanted to know the best cooker to carry in your backpack?.

I carry a Trangia 27,great bit of kit,but i find it a little bulky to carry.

Also. i choose to use a 58 pattern sleeping bag,again nice bit of kit ,but again bulky.

The stove below was recommended to me yesterday:

http://www.roughgear.co.uk/Product.aspx?product=139

Small, compact and pretty good value.