Sign in to follow this  

Am I the only person that hates football?

do you hate football?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. do you hate football?

• Yes
    • No

I'm a season ticket holder at my club, but I'm completely fed up with football being commodified and trendy and used in adverts and televised in every pub and everyone being expected to like it. When I meet somebody who doesn't like football I find it a real breath of fresh air. I wish it would go back out of fashion like in the 80s.

Originally posted by lazyfish

I wish it would go back out of fashion like in the 80s.

????????????????

I love football, although I go to plenty of away matches with wednesday and have seen the ugly side. I think the football itself is good but fans go over the top with rivalries there is nothing with a bit of friendly banter. But all the idiots who go to the games are a waste of oxygen which could be used by my good lungs. Furthermore football gets far too much coverage in the media i like it but i also like other sports and coverage should be split a bit more.:rant: :rant:

i like it...but what i hate is people that dont watch it then suddenly when england play they know it all and are the biggest fans. pah!

I love football.

Nothing can compare to the atmosphere and sense of belonging. You're sat there wanting exactly the same thing as a few thousand people sat around you.

And when things go right, there's nothing like the sound of the chanting etc.

i hate it too - it's just so boring, wouldn;t mind if i could get away from it, but it;s on telly, radio and in all the pubs

Originally posted by spanna

i hate it too - it's just so boring, wouldn;t mind if i could get away from it, but it;s on telly, radio and in all the pubs

What I hate is people who moan about football, if you dont like it, there are other channels, other radio stations and other pubs. Simple as.

Originally posted by spyro2000

What I hate is people who moan about football, if you dont like it, there are other channels, other radio stations and other pubs. Simple as.

This is of course true, but sometimes it is inescapable.

I used to work in newcastle. I got seriously sick of almost being an outcast because I didn't support a football team. It ran:

"Who dya support then?"

"I don't really follow football tbh"

"Oh"

And that was it. No other conversation was offered. I think this is a bit sad. Mainly because there is more to life than sport, and secondly because there is more to sport than football.

Also, I used to be able to predict the mood of the office by following the achievements and failures of Newcastle united. They were like little grumpy kids when they lost. Quite pathetic really!

Originally posted by tim_rutter

This is of course true, but sometimes it is inescapable.

I used to work in newcastle. I got seriously sick of almost being an outcast because I didn't support a football team. It ran:

"Who dya support then?"

"I don't really follow football tbh"

"Oh"

And that was it. No other conversation was offered. I think this is a bit sad. Mainly because there is more to life than sport, and secondly because there is more to sport than football.

Also, I used to be able to predict the mood of the office by following the achievements and failures of Newcastle united. They were like little grumpy kids when they lost. Quite pathetic really!

Aye, it's pathetic when people believe in something....:loopy:

Originally posted by SilentStatic

I don't hate football, just overpaid footballers :confused:

If someone is willing to pay you £100K a week to do something you love, well, you're just going to smile and take it off them aren't you.

It's also worth considering the tax revenue that would be lost if footballers were paid less. This is a situation I often pose to those people who think Nurses should be paid the same as footballers...

N

My wife absolutely hates it, so to this end I have Sky Sports, Prem Plus, Setanta Sports 1+2, plus a Multi-satellite system giving access to games from all over the world. I can usually find at least one game every evening. For instance last night it was Mypa47 v Dundee Utd in the UEFA Cup, pictures from BBC2 Scotland via the Sky box.

See what I do for her.