Manor? What's it like?

i grow up in eccelsall, in which we were burgled several times and had our car stolen 3 times. i now lived in woodthorpe for 14 years we have never had any trouble and we ahve now bought our house. My brother lived on the manor estate for many years and never had any trouble he now lives up abbeydale he has had no end of trouble. It just shows theres good and bad in every area. i feel i can walk around the streets around ere night or day and feel safe. :P

so did the op ever move on the manor and if so hows he getting on ...

dont expect him back on line if so has his comp will have been stolen ?

Am born and bread on manor.....& PROUD TO BE A MANOR LASS.....

I've lived on the manor since i was we moved here in the 70's and came back in 1992, been here ever since and never had any trouble, all my kids were brought up here, went to the local schools and turned out fine and well , i also worked at the local schools too so unless people live here they shouldn't drag our estate down, like you i too am proud to be a manor lass:thumbsup:

I think the manor is boring. The area i came from, just across the road from the Lidl on prince. There's nothing really "there" anymore. Plus it's full of a lot of trouble causers. ( Example - Most of the youngsters. ) Doesn't take long until you're dragged into a problem.

And; The only shops you'll find around there are Take away's lmfao.

so many who have lived there all there lives say its fine no troubble ect . thats the reason its fine for them they will be known in the area surrounded by family and maybe some of the youths ect have a little respect for them ..

but for someone totaly new to move on is a totaly diffrent case .. your car will be robbed if you have a motorbike it will be gone within days if your out alot this will be noticed and you may be burgled your new you dont know the locals and you have no family around you so you will be a victim ...

now they are gona say I have no idea what I am talking about . so here go,s the rant

was born on the manor 1973 woodthorpe close now demolished lived there a good part of my life and can walk round safe there as I know almost all the ppl . was lucky my mum and dad moved us off to a better estate .

for the friends and family left behind on the estate I have 2 cusions dead under the age of mid 30.s would say 30% of the ppl I went to prince edward school with are dead due to drugs / bike car accidents /others killed / some suicides the other 70% either have been on heroin or still are others are just drinkers spending the day in the working mens clubs .

the place will drag you down and its no place to educate or school your kids .

ive been offered a house at manor....is it a nice area?? i want to be in a nice area as i have kids :help:

i often go up manor to visit me hud caps

Lived on the Manor a couple of years, no big problems, 2 stolen cars, 3 burglaries, better than being married though. Whats not to like.

Edited by dunsel

I've spent many a year on the Manor, and elsewhere in Sheffield too. I quite like it there.

Even better is the fact that people slag it off so much. It's cheaper to buy a house.

hi ive lived on manor for 13 yrs and bought our kids up here we love it

some of the comments about robbed cars and motorbikes also happen in dore and totley but u wouldnt get freindly helpful neighbours there

Mariemc, true. But the population not as poor, financially.