Manor? What's it like?

where did Humberside come from

I think unless you live in an area you can never really say how it is.

I have lived on the manor in a private house for nearly 8 years. I probably wouldn't choose the manor again if I could turn back time but due to circumstances i cannot move. I have had my car pinched when we first moved in and found kids jumping the back gardens. I have heard stories from others in the area. But I can honestly say since that I have no problems and my neighbours are great (I think this makes or breaks it)

Some people just don't have the option to live in other areas so we have to make the most of it. Even the people with lovely houses in lovely areas can end up on an estate like the manor if things go wrong. If we all were wealthy enough to live in areas like Dore/Fulwood I'm sure we would but thats just not life.

I moved from a little village in Cheshire and had a complete shock, but I have adapted and try to give my kids everything they deserve with the right guidance. I think kids with the right direction from their parents have the opportunity to be good citizens whereever they live.

And as for the manor as well as other estates there are families that ruin these areas, and if the way that benefits are handed out then the mentality of these familes would change and maybe you would not have so many troublesome families out there.

Hi there, i live near Manor Park n i'm tryin to get a house on there its lovely.Some parts of the Manor can be bad BUT aren't most areas these days?? dont judge unless uve been there yaself. ive lived at Shiregreen, Pitsmore, Walkley, Page Hall n Wybourn and all areas have trouble spots. Everyone calls the Manor but they r parts where its lovely n most r now ex-council houses but its a big estate n does have some parts which i wouldnt recomend, take the advice of wot sumone said earlier n ask the beighbours n drive round espec at nite n see for ya self or get an idea wot its like....good luck anyways xxx

the princeof wales has never been near that part of town!!!!

New Lower Manor certainly is. I used to live there when the houses were first built (around 1988/89). Just a few minutes walk to Prince of Wales Road from our front door.

TBH, I'm glad I don't live there now.

I think unless you live in an area you can never really say how it is.

I have lived on the manor in a private house for nearly 8 years. I probably wouldn't choose the manor again if I could turn back time but due to circumstances i cannot move. I have had my car pinched when we first moved in and found kids jumping the back gardens. I have heard stories from others in the area. But I can honestly say since that I have no problems and my neighbours are great (I think this makes or breaks it)

Some people just don't have the option to live in other areas so we have to make the most of it. Even the people with lovely houses in lovely areas can end up on an estate like the manor if things go wrong. If we all were wealthy enough to live in areas like Dore/Fulwood I'm sure we would but thats just not life.

I moved from a little village in Cheshire and had a complete shock, but I have adapted and try to give my kids everything they deserve with the right guidance. I think kids with the right direction from their parents have the opportunity to be good citizens whereever they live.

And as for the manor as well as other estates there are families that ruin these areas, and if the way that benefits are handed out then the mentality of these familes would change and maybe you would not have so many troublesome families out there.

Absolutely well said.

iv been robbed 14times but im still here lol

full of little wannabe gangsters! these are the type of people that ruin areas walking around acting like the big I AM'S when really they are just silly little boys!

The area around Manor Castle looks nice

I was once going home from my sister's just off city road, coming over the Manor at the T junction at the end where Manor castle is, and was completely cut off by idiots taking the corner far too fast - nearly a head on collision - shook me up a bit!

I was once going home from my sister's just off city road, coming over the Manor at the T junction at the end where Manor castle is, and was completely cut off by idiots taking the corner far too fast - nearly a head on collision - shook me up a bit!

but that isnt the manor!!!

but that isnt the manor!!!

No, that's Manor Park, which used to be fine until they moved all the scum in when slum clearing the manor.