Manor? What's it like?

are you sure that houses in "new estate" are housing association ?

I used to live in one and they were all privately owned. These were the homes built by bellway !

bellaway homes on the manor most are owned some belong to manor castle devolpment truse and rented privetly

Edited by zac.roofer

most are owned some belong to manor castle devolpment truse and rented privetly

Is that dovercourt road u mean.......?

My parents have lived on the Manor for 35 years and wouldn't move for love nor money.

It just depends on which part of the Manor you have been offered a house on.

Like a lot of people say, the estate has good and bad areas, as do all estates.

I find that many people find the top end of the Manor a better area than the Lower Manor. I know many many people who live on the top end and they wouldn't hear a bad word said about it.

The Manor did have a terrible reputation some years ago, and unfortunately the bad press has stayed.

There will be lots of people on here giving you their opinion and I'd be surprised if most of them had stepped foot on the Manor. It's easy to spout off, just on what we THINK we know.

The best thing to do, I think, would be to go and have a look around, during the day, then go back at night, and see what the area is like. Ask the neighbours.

Just rest assured, you could have been offered a house in a much worse area!

Good luck.

Well said! Most sensible post so far!

want to do a exchange,

i want to be up there to be near to my family.....?

Where do you live?

its on lower manor.....near prince a wales rd ( i think thats what it says )

I heard terrible things about Manor but I started doing an evening course at Matrec on Prince of Wales Road and it's not half as bad as people make it out to be. I feel safe waiting for the bus late at night outside Lidl.

There are groups of chavvy looking kids around but to be honest they've never said anything to me. I think it's rep is way over the top.

Just watch an episode of the BBC Traffic Cops, you'll soon get an idea.:D

im not from the manor im from york and yes i know massive difference i now due to circumstances i now live on the manor , i have had no issues at all and i have been here 10 years x

lived there for 22years still work there now not as bad as its been made out to be yes some of the kids look scary but most are harmless and not looking for trouble i have made some life long friends on the manor dont let a few bad uns which you will get on every estate including private ones put you off as others have said take a good look around at different times of the day

I heard terrible things about Manor but I started doing an evening course at Matrec on Prince of Wales Road and it's not half as bad as people make it out to be. I feel safe waiting for the bus late at night outside Lidl.

There are groups of chavvy looking kids around but to be honest they've never said anything to me. I think it's rep is way over the top.

Well said Milford,btw my OH works at Matrec :D

The Manor is not that bad!!! We live on just up from old Waltheof and i would LOVE to be offered a council house!!!! Weve been on the list for 6 years and still cant get anything. We are renting private at the moment and (touch wood!!) it is brilliant. We love it. Its really quiet and we have good neighbours.

I really would snatch the councils hand off for the keys if i were u.

Home is what u make it, be ok with the residents and they ok with you.

No areas are brilliant these days :(

Good luck in whatever u decide :)

its not as bad as most say. people who are saying bad things are more than likley from the nice areas like eccelsall and dore. sure it has a bad rep but every area has problems. just because its mostley council houses doesnt meen its full of car thieving scum. i grew up on the manor and its changed alot since then. dont get drawn in by all the bad press about the manor and the views from people on here about the place.

Im on the Manor Top,been here for 11 yrs never had any problems,i have no rush to move house.