Bands of the 60's - shape of the rain

To listen to Shape Of The Rain on YouTube and watch great video footage that some guy in the USA has put with the track, Search for 'Yes by Shape Of The Rain'. I still can't believe that I'm hearing the Band on YouTube! Thanks to Lostrider for the info.

i just nabbed the VG+ one on there :cool:

Well done, I am looking for one but I cant afford the money they are going for on Ebay. I must admit i still like to put the old vinyls on and listen to them. They deffinatley have a different sound to CD,s. I have just been playing / copying a mono original "The Pipers at the Gates Of Dawn" P.F's first album. I bought it new in 1967 long before Stereo was common. Its a bit battered these days but it's amazing what you can with the scratch remover tool in "Sound Forge".

I wonder how many people have resisted the pressure of the OH to chuck the old vinyls out cos there muck harborers & obsolete. I still have all mine.

To Lostrider.

I was in the Sixth Form at Westfield from 1967 to 69.

I think my OH was in the 6th and then upper 6th till 1971 or 72.

Shape Of The Rain Vinyl Album - Riley, Riley, Wood and Waggett, Mint Condition has just sold on ebay for £467.77. Thanks Lostrider.

I am just thinking back to the decision I made back in 197....... I was in the record shop at the top of Cambridge street? I had Music in A Dolls House in one hand and Riley, Riley, Wood & Waggett in the other. I bought the "Family album". I Kind of regret it now. :-)

SHAPE OF THE RAIN BACK IN THE STUDIO AND RECORDING ONCE AGAIN!

Great News, ..... Legendary Sheffield Band Shape Of The Rain, have been in the Studio for the last few weeks and recording again. Ian 'Tag' Waggett - Drummer, says 'that all the original Members of the Band have been involved. They have been using modern recording equipment to 'revisit' tracks from their Classic 'Riley, Riley, Wood and Waggett' Album, which has become something of a Collectors Item and that they are planning to release a CD in the near future showcasing the result'. He also said 'that hopefully some new material will probably also be recorded and that Fan's hopes for a Reunion and some Live Performances might become a reality!

BIOGRAPHY

Shape of the Rain are a band from Sheffield , founded around 63/64 by Keith Riley, his brother Len, Brian Wood and Ian Waggett. They started out called The Gear and then The Reaction. ‘If we couldn’t get gigs because they didn’t like us, we’d just change the name, If they liked us we’d stick with the same name,’ says Keith Riley. The band’s first professional recordings were in Nottingham in 1966. They released an album called “Riley Riley Wood and Waggett” in 1971, which was produced by Tony Hall. They were influenced by American West Coast music and the British psych/progressive scene as well as many other styles and came up with a sound that was all their own.Twelve string and slide guitars were used to create a different sound to what was then the norm. They played The Marquee, London, The Cavern, Liverpool and Manchesters Hard Rock and Magic Village. They supported bands such as Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, Free, Fleetwood Mac, Love and Joe Cocker, as well as many others during their time as Sheffield University ‘House Band’!

Edited by KILLAMAROY

Shape Of The Rain, in the News! Sheffield Telegraph, Friday 10th December. Big Article about the Band and photos in the Music Section!

Shape Of The Rain, in the News! Sheffield Telegraph, Friday 10th December. Big Article about the Band and photos in the Music Section!

The Article A bit of a typo second to last paragraph!!

Edited by Lostrider

They were an excellent band.I used to put them on at the free concerts I organised in Weston park and they always did a great show.
I attended every concert watching bands like SOB, Lazy Jake, Hot Property,Greensleeper to name but a few,Shape of the Rain had a huge following

in those days.I's there any history about Western Park concerts back in the early seventies,this was a great event and appreciated by many progressive rock fans in the area,it was probably Sheffield's answer to Woodstock.