Bread recipes ??

Has anyone got any good and simple recipes to make bread without the use of a bread maker? i have never made it before but would love to try.

Thanks

Can second the Dan Lepard recipe absolutely fantastic. I swapped about a third of the white flour for wholemeal the other day and it was just as good. Convinced myself it was the healthy option conveniently forgetting the butter that I'd slathered all over it. Enjoy.

Has anyone got any good and simple recipes to make bread without the use of a bread maker? i have never made it before but would love to try.

Thanks

Unless you are happy to make nothing but square loaves the only advantage a bread maker has over hand baking is it will mix and kneed the dough for you, and a lot of food processors also have that ability.

I just tend to make interesting bread from my collection of cookbooks but I might try the recipe above for a plain white loaf as two recommendations is worth a look in my book.

Edited by GQsm

make it yourself, my breadmaker is in the bin, not good !!

Here's my recipe for Beer Bread. Very tasty.

beer bread

K.

I wholeheartedly support Dan Lepar's recommendation, he's my hero! He has this column in the Guardian Saturday magazine and all his recipes are different and delicious. His enthusiasm for bread making is contagious. Do check his website!

There's a good book called 'Dough' that has loads of great sounding recipes - only managed one so far though...

I,ve tried this recipe twice now and it is so easy,cant believe it turns out so well with so little neading, I've tried loads of recipes, but they never turned out right this one is perfect