Power Cut Lodge Moor 21/3

Did anyone else have a power cut last night (11.45pm, 21st March) in the Lodge Moor area (or nearby)?

I was in bed but noticed the light on the landing go out along with the bedside clock/radio, promptly followed by the lights outside.

Strangely, this happened three times and led to alarms in the region screaming into the night.

It's always a strange feeling when there's a power cut and last night was no different.

Well, around the same time in Sandygate the lights flickered significantly at least 4 times. I'm glad it's not a problem with our electrics.

Did anyone else have a power cut last night (11.45pm, 21st March) in the Lodge Moor area (or nearby)?

I was in bed but noticed the light on the landing go out along with the bedside clock/radio, promptly followed by the lights outside.

Strangely, this happened three times and led to alarms in the region screaming into the night.

And about 20 minutes after these 3, we had another short one. Cue more burlgar alarms! At this point we gave up trying to watch TV and went to bed! I want a good, long powercut, I love them. Bring back the 3 day week!

We live in Rivelin and had 4 power cuts between 11 and 12 pm. Each one was followed by a loud bang somewhere in the valley and after the last one there was a big flash at lodge moor, somewhere past the three merries.?

ours seemed to be fine, no clocks reset in the night anyway

My parents were talking about this when I went to see them last night. They had all sorts of strange things going on in their house - Dad could hear a couple talking on the bedside phone? even though it was on the hook. All the clocks were flashing and one which sets itself was re setting itself every few minutes. Some of their friends who live on Blackbrook Ave said their house alarm went off and they couldn't stop it?

that explains why our ancient boiler wasn't on the morning after or the microwave clock, though the electrics in the living room were ok... weird!