Spiders in garden

Does anyone know a way to get rid of spiders from a garden, i walk down my garden and you can see them moving all over below me? :huh:

Spiders in your garden are your friend! They will keep down all the nasties like aphids and blackfly.

What sort of surface are they on? Is is gravel/stoney path you see them?

What sort of surface are they on? Is is gravel/stoney path you see them?

to be honest its on the grass and at the bottom where its a little overgrown with logs etc, but i mean there must be thousands of them

give it a couple of weeks and they'll have dispersed.

give it a couple of weeks and they'll have dispersed.

whys that? :huh:

because birds, wasps and the like will eat them, they will go off and find their own patch, be blown about by the wind, trodden on, and life will return to a normal level.

It might just be that the baby spider's body clocks have been confused with the weather, and with that burst of spring-like weather we had last week (I clocked 30c on my patio), the eggs have hatched a little prematurely (usually in April/May)

I really shouldn't worry about it. Lots of baby birds will need feeding in the very near future. ;) It's just circle of life stuff.

If you don't already, pop up a couple of bird feeders in the area to encourage the birds. They need all the help they can over the next couple of months. Once they know there's food to be had, they'll help themselves to the bugs and spiders nearby too :)

Does anyone know a way to get rid of spiders from a garden, i walk down my garden and you can see them moving all over below me? :huh:

Spiders in the garden is good - spiders in the house is scary!!!

Leave 'em be, they do good work for you and it's really fascinating to watch them spinning their webs - and fun to torment them by poking their web with a pointy stick so they think they've caught something!!! :hihi:

because birds, wasps and the like will eat them, they will go off and find their own patch, be blown about by the wind, trodden on, and life will return to a normal level.

It might just be that the baby spider's body clocks have been confused with the weather, and with that burst of spring-like weather we had last week (I clocked 30c on my patio), the eggs have hatched a little prematurely (usually in April/May)

I really shouldn't worry about it. Lots of baby birds will need feeding in the very near future. ;) It's just circle of life stuff.

If you don't already, pop up a couple of bird feeders in the area to encourage the birds. They need all the help they can over the next couple of months. Once they know there's food to be had, they'll help themselves to the bugs and spiders nearby too :)

+1

Brilliant advice.

Nature does seem to find its equalibrium pretty well. Just avoid the area until the birds do their job. Please don;t use an insecticide.

I have the same problem, but i have a lot of cats around the area, so anything other than fire? which will be my last resort :')

FFs.... there spiders, scary , there like 1cm big your like lots of cm big... they do good things for your garden..... spiders are friends....

be more eco friendly to wildlife.

orriblest thingsint world , more worser than a sheff u****d fan ... get a blow torch & burn em , spade em , jump on em , owt - just kill dirty obbirle spideys .... YUK.com !!