House Broken Into (S8)

That's terrible - we are in S8 and will definitely keep an eye out.

May I ask where abouts in the area you are? Just made sure both my doors are locked.

Must feel like such an invasion of privacy - I hope they catch the scumbags!

As they got my day planner, they'll also know when well be going away in the next few months. We're calling a few places to get a burglar alarm installed, because we cant risk the house being broken into while gone.

Unlikely that they will have kept this, it will probably have gone in the first bin on their escape route.

However, may be worth asking some friends or family to house sit for you whilst you are away?

Might be worth looking in the bins, not next to your house, but a reasonable distance away, where they might have stopped to look at what they had. They've probably just dumped the bag in a black or street bin.

Hope you feel less mad at yourself soon, though. We've all done similar things, and sometimes got away with it, sometimes not, don't beat yourself up. x

Hi really sorry to hear about your plight!!

I live in Sheffield 8 area so I will keep my eyes open for your things and if see anything I will PM you as you requested

Hope all goes well

i live in sheffield 8 which part we talking caterknowle end or other always best for every one to watch out. my doors are always locked as happened to me a few years ago.

It's not your fault luv, we shouldn't have to live in properties protected like Fort Knox. We had the car stolen off the drive by leaving the front door unlocked and the keys easy to grab. We are so paranoid these days that we often forget where we have hidden the car keys, crap isn't it? :rant:

That's terrible - we are in S8 and will definitely keep an eye out.

May I ask where abouts in the area you are? Just made sure both my doors are locked.

Must feel like such an invasion of privacy - I hope they catch the scumbags!

Hi really sorry to hear about your plight!!

I live in Sheffield 8 area so I will keep my eyes open for your things and if see anything I will PM you as you requested

Hope all goes well

i live in sheffield 8 which part we talking caterknowle end or other always best for every one to watch out. my doors are always locked as happened to me a few years ago.

Thanks everyone.

Im located in Meersbrook (just outside the bottom of the park) and my neighbour from next door said she texted a few other neighbours in the area to give them a heads up. She knocked on my door tonight to say that another neighbour further up just sent a message back to say that someone try to open their door (but it was locked)

I called the police back on the number they gave me if I had any more info, just to let them know. They advised me to tell others if something similar happens to them, to let them know.

Hi alternageek

Could you PM us please.

Message sent.

Sorry to hear about this, a friend of mine on Valley Road, said they had seen someone in their yard last night, She rang the police but still not heard anything back as yet

Just to top the thread - a neighbour of mine returned my wallet back to me today. All cards and IDs still in place. She said the person who gave it back, the wallet was in their yard, but wasnt there last night but there today.

Im still hoping (a small bit) for my bag to come back as its no longer made or stocked by LeSportSac.

If your the person who found my wallet, THANK YOU!!!

Again another top.

Handbag, iPod and other things found. Neighbour knocked on my door asking if the bag belonged to me (the paper part of my provisional was in it) as his kids found it tucked in their ivy along the wall. Bag didnt smell damp or was wet so clearly put there today.

Phone still MIA.

I would like to say what amazing neighbours I have in the Meersbrook area and thank you all so much (if yuore reading this)

So glad you have your things returned, it's nice to see there are still good people out there.

I've been watching our house like a hawk - only to find stupid housemates left the back door unlocked - tut.

But again, yay to getting your stuff back! :)