The Penguin Mason Lathe Road. 80s

i went in the penguin 62onwards drink up by 10 0 clock they used to ring the bell just befour 10 and you had too sup it up quick them were the days i lived on woolley wood too

Padders, do you remember Len and Winnie Whittaker ? they lived on Concord Road and always went in The Penguin. I used to live on Oaks Fold Road until 1966.

no i can"t spent most of the time in the tap room with the local villians planning who to rob and mug next no drugs in them days

moved to shiregreen in 1973, i was 16 then,my parents made the penguin there local,in there friday and saturday nights, i stated going there from 75, had a good mate mark lavery,we went down there weekday evenings before going into town,always a cracking pint of mild,remember the rock disco evenings well,some top characters in there.

I can remember we used to come over on the bikes from the Magnet in the days when they had topless GoGo dancers , and who can forget Mighty Melvyn.:)

:o any excuse for a pint of magnet :hihi: they wer'nt bad either.

iv"e heard penguin reopening soon, anybody else heard this.

No only know its called Shiregreen Arms now

new beer fittings being installed, reliable source informs me. reopening as shiregreen arms after refurbishing.

Is Charlie Glaves still alive I worked with him on the Sheffield works department

Edited by alba

Coming from Pitsmoor I didn't visit the Penguin very often. But I enjoyed myself and had a good time on the few visits I did make.

Might be worth a visit for old times sake