Help trojan horses

I have over the last 2 hours had a barrage of trojan horse attacks, 26 upto press.

Looking at the firewall stats they all have different IP addresses. What can I do? It seems mighty strange to be getting so many. Can I report this somewhere? It's really naffing me off.

Can you give any more details? The "horse's" name and the software which is reporting the attacks.

I have PM'd you Geoff but in case anybody else can help it is backdoor/subseven and I'm using Norton symantic.

They are coming every minute or so :help:

Wow, Sub7 .... retro! They were all the rage back in the day!

If I were you i'd hit him back ;)

-Paul-

Pauls if your post was a joke then it went right over my head.

sub seven is an old school trojan based on IRC (internet relay chat). Basically it's an IRC agent that responds to commands givn remotely by someone who has managed to'plant' the sub7 trojan on your computer (as I understand it)

This means that the trojan is on your computer and trying to contact its 'daddy' somewhere on the net.

find the prgram and remove it

TRy pest patrol, works for me

I was hacked in to on Wednesday night

I was blaming the BNP

Was I wrong then?

My firewall disarmed itelf and an alarm rang, but I didnt know what to do so I just logged it all off

I have Zone Alarm

I was online on this site when it happened

Please can someone help with thoughts?

x

Originally posted by Phanerothyme

sub seven is an old school trojan based on IRC (internet relay chat). Basically it's an IRC agent that responds to commands givn remotely by someone who has managed to'plant' the sub7 trojan on your computer (as I understand it)

This means that the trojan is on your computer and trying to contact its 'daddy' somewhere on the net.

find the prgram and remove it

TRy pest patrol, works for me

Thanks for replying. I knew some clever person on here would be able to suggest something.

But Phan, why hasn't the virus scan I do every week picked this thing up?

Am logging out now but would

REALLY

appreciate someone telling me what to do

My Zone Alarm was shut down by the attack when it was disabled and the alarm started ringing loudly and it has lost its memory of who or what attacked me.

Can someone PM me with an email addy to get into this with, or an ICQ number or something?

I could probably get back online for a proper chat about it on Sunday evening

Thanks ever so much

Originally posted by Mo

... why hasn't the virus scan I do every week picked this thing up?

Because it isn't a virus basically. It is a piece of software which allows remote access to your comp from another. A virus on the otherhand is an executable file which isn't controled remotly, it is activated either on a timer or by certain actions on your behalf.

-Paul-

Originally posted by Pauls-Stuff

Because it isn't a virus basically. It is a piece of software which allows remote access to your comp from another. A virus on the otherhand is an executable file which isn't controled remotly, it is activated either on a timer or by certain actions on your behalf.

-Paul-

As you've gathered Pauls I'm still fairly new at this game. Do I have to buy something to remove it or is there stuff I can download for free?

There is a brand new set of trojans out, mainly affecting XP and Windows 2000 machines. A number of systems at our school have been affected.

SYMPTOMS:

Machine running slow(er than normal)

Small hourglass at side of mouse pointer that won't go away

CSRSS.EXE service using a great deal of CPU