Danville street brightside

hillc4

thanks for info glad johns ok

i lived at very top block d.s but moved to ecclesfield john used to come over to our end of town and we used to go swimming in a reservoir near high green

then back to ours for egg &chips

great days

its relly weird because i live just above ecclesfield village on wordsworth avenue, i will pass on your regards when i next see john.

hillc4

you will know the water we used to swim in it was howbrook reservoir not allowed these days

most gratefull if you pass my regards on

p.s i lived on yew lane till 1966

Danville St is listed in the old Sheffield Telegraph Street guide, 1962/63 &1967/68 editions as, Danville St, 61, Grimesthorpe Road,Sheff 4. Danville Terrace,96, Danville Street, Sheff 4. and Danville Mount, Danville Street, Sheff 4. Hope this helps.!.

I was born on danville street

---------- Post added 27-02-2015 at 12:32 ----------

I lived at 108 Danville street from 1959 to 1970, and it was ptsmoor it was a great street with little terraces jutting off it, our back yard was sun street right at the top near the garages.

hi I lived at no 72 was born there.

The Danville Street area, circa 1965 consisted of; going up the hill left side, from Grimesthorpe Road- Star Inn, Cantley Place. Letwell Place (Gumby's) & Rayton Place. Danville Mount ran parallel to Danville Street and faced the 'rec'.

On right going up; Balby Place, Danville Terrace and Sun Street (boy's lower entrance to Burngreave School, which I attended)

Edited by stpetre
addition