Danville street brightside

DOES ANYONE REMEMBER EITHER DANVILLE ST OR COURT DANVILLE ST BRIGHTSIDE AS IM TRYING TO TRACE MY LATE GRANDMOTHERS HOUSE WHERE SHE WAS BORN AS IM UP IN SCOTLAND AND TRIED EVERYTHING ELSE TA:help:

DOES ANYONE REMEMBER EITHER DANVILLE ST OR COURT DANVILLE ST BRIGHTSIDE AS IM TRYING TO TRACE MY LATE GRANDMOTHERS HOUSE WHERE SHE WAS BORN AS IM UP IN SCOTLAND AND TRIED EVERYTHING ELSE TA:help:

Could you please not use capital letters for the whole of your post, people class this as shouting and could become offended by it

Danville St is listed in the old Sheffield Telegraph Street guide, 1962/63 &1967/68 editions as, Danville St, 61, Grimesthorpe Road,Sheff 4. Danville Terrace,96, Danville Street, Sheff 4. and Danville Mount, Danville Street, Sheff 4. Hope this helps.!.

Danville Street was in the Burngreave/Ellesmere side of Pitsmoor.

It ran sort of parallel with Burngreave Road, from just below Burngreave Cemetery down toward Ellesmere.

yes i used to live at 108 Danville Street in the 1960,s and can remember it very well, we had to move out because they were pulling the houses down. I have got many a happy memory about living there. we used to play on the big reck, which was a big playground in the centre. there was garages at the top and you could run up and down on the roofs of them. we all had little yards and toilets outside, we had no bathroom as the houses were 2 up and 2 down types, so bath times was a tin bath by the fire.

yes i used to live at 108 Danville Street in the 1960,s and can remember it very well, we had to move out because they were pulling the houses down. I have got many a happy memory about living there. we used to play on the big reck, which was a big playground in the centre. there was garages at the top and you could run up and down on the roofs of them. we all had little yards and toilets outside, we had no bathroom as the houses were 2 up and 2 down types, so bath times was a tin bath by the fire.

Those were the days hillc4

I was born 'at home' on Danville Street in 1961. Dont know what number. Later as a child living overthe other side of Burngreave Road on Somerset Sreet I used to go up to the rec to play football or go in the cemetary. From the house on Somerset Street, you could easily see the church clock. Visitors to the house used to give you a funny look when you looked out of the window to tell them the time.

I lived at 108 Danville street from 1959 to 1970, and it was ptsmoor it was a great street with little terraces jutting off it, our back yard was sun street right at the top near the garages.

hillc4

you must have lived right at the top of d.s a mate of mine lived at 107 which was opposit you his name was john shaw did you know him

hillc4

you must have lived right at the top of d.s a mate of mine lived at 107 which was opposit you his name was john shaw did you know him

Yes i did know him he used to follow my dad ken scaife about all over and used to babysit me, i have seen John recently and hes married and doing ok. he once fell asleep while babysitting and i got hold of the gloss paint and painted the telly and everything in sight including myself, what a shock he got when he woke up.

hillc4

thanks for info glad johns ok

i lived at very top block d.s but moved to ecclesfield john used to come over to our end of town and we used to go swimming in a reservoir near high green

then back to ours for egg &chips

great days