Accident A57 back on the 18-03-2010

Hi i was coming down the A57 this evening around 7-15 and was turned away by the police and fire brigade had blocked the road. It was at the junction were Rivelin valley road starts. I just hope anyone involved is ok

There seemed to be many police cars, ambulances and fire engines. So it looks like it was a pretty bad accident.

I was cycling up Lodge Lane to Lodge Moor and actually heard the crash. Drove past a couple of hours later on my way to Bamford and sure enough a very mangled looking car at the junction of A57/Rivelin. Looked bad, hope the occupants were ok.

I was cycling up Lodge Lane to Lodge Moor

Are you Superman or something?!?!?!??!

Are you Superman or something?!?!?!??!

lol, I wondered myself, I couldnt even walk up it never mind ride a bike!

not superman, but not fit enough to turn around and go back down the hill and find out what had gone on ! No way I was going to lose that height.

Anyway someone had to be cut out of the car but the driver managed to walk away. I suspect it was the roadworks there as they are just beyond a bend in the road... so if you miss the sign warning of the roadworks...

I was carrying a 70 KG bag of logs on my back up that road and pushing a double pram when I heard an impact there earlier, I did not see what happened though.

I was carrying a 70 KG bag of logs on my back up that road and pushing a double pram when I heard an impact there earlier, I did not see what happened though.

Oh that was you I gave a lift to on my bike then.

Oh that was you I gave a lift to on my bike then.

Own up, you were actually cadging a lift in the pram weren't you?

well mate the best thing about a crash is surviving it, and yer somebody reminded me about a post on here about it so i wondered if i could find it thought some info might shed some light on what happened as i can't remember anything from leaving lady bower pub onwards